Reid Travis on ESPNU right now

die hard gopher

Reaction score
the Addidas Nations championship game is on right now from 8:00 till 10:00 on ESPNU and Reid is playing in it right now, i would have made this thread sooner but i didnt know he was in it until i started watching the game

Henry played in the game before. There are replays later tonight on ESPNU if you didn't DVR it and want to. (adidas Nations 3rd place game = Henry's team; championship game = Reid's game)

Dave Telep just said he believes Stanford is the frontrunner, he talks about his recruitment as if MSU, Gonzaga and Stanford are his top 3 and Minnesota is his 4th option

Well Travis just took over at the end of the third....I think it was rebound...3....good post up hook shot.....then got in the way of drive attempt and then just hit another 3 from the baseline with 3 seconds left in the 3rd

This is like watching a NBA All Star game...gimme gimme gimme.....no D. They're sure gushing over Travis. Just said his stock keeps rising.

We already know how great of a kid travis is but another thing i noticed was that he was the only player on either team that would stand and cheer every time his team did something good when he was on the bench....Only positives from him seems like the type of player any coach/team would dream of getting (Very talented, smart, will stay 4 years, great demeanor, leader, team first player...i could keep going but you get the point)

14pts 5 reb 4-7fg 2-2 from deep 4-6ft and took it straight to the #1 recruit in nation... I know it was an all star sort of game but reminded me a lot of Trevor against Zeller

I know Reid is a very smart kid but can he get through admissions at Stanford?

Offered by Stanford. Offered by Harvard. Has a brother at Harvaed. So yeah I would say they are in play,

If he goes for an even mix of best basketball and athletics.......Minnesota is a great spot for the young man.

I know Reid is a very smart kid but can he get through admissions at Stanford?

His coach at DeLaSalle, Dave Thorson, has said Reid's been "informally accepted" at Stanford. Don't think academics/getting through admissions would be an obstacle in him going to Stanford.

does anybody know if Jahlil had more or less then 14, Reid can say he outplayed him if he he had less then 14, Reid sure did look small out there compared to some of the other guys he was playing with and against, like Okafor, Trey Lyles and Myles Turner, he got blocked a few times underneath the basket but i guess those are some of the best in the country, he drew a lot of fouls as well

It's my understanding that Stanford has offered contingent on the SAT or ACT score? It's also my understanding that RT's sort of moved on from them?

Ryan James hits the nail on the head when he talks about how important RT is to this class. We can miss on our top guy at pretty much any position & have strong plan B/C's except at PF. RT is it. The dropped from him to the next PF available is big. Plus he's a local guy. He's priority #1 imo.

does anybody know if Jahlil had more or less then 14, Reid can say he outplayed him if he he had less then 14, Reid sure did look small out there compared to some of the other guys he was playing with and against, like Okafor, Trey Lyles and Myles Turner, he got blocked a few times underneath the basket but i guess those are some of the best in the country, he drew a lot of fouls as well

he had 14 also on 5-9 shooting..i thought he outplayed him just because he seemed like he wanted it more and took over at the end of the 3rd while Jahlil was guarding him and his team won.....heres the link to the the addidas nations website where you can look at box scores for each game....Ellenson USAred15...travis on usa14blue.... http://www.adidasnations.com/ just scrole down

I don't like Dave Telep, He kinda bugs me..

+1

Telep seems like some fan out of the stands with a microphone. What are his qualifications to be an "analyst"? I've watched several games he's announced now, and he doesn't make any good basketball comments. Just a bunch of gossip he's heard about the players (much of it wrong, at least when it comes to our local guys).

Reid Travis (6-6/Minneapolis DeLaSalle/Team USA 2014 Blue): This cat is a quarterback?

Ouch! He must get a special kick out of dealing with those 165-pound cornerbacks who try to come up and tag him on Friday nights . . .

That witticism out of the way, he demonstrated, time and again, over the spring and summer that he’s one of the best power forwards in the Class of 2014 and no worse than one of the 20-best prospects in the class, period.

And that was especially the case over the past four days, when he brutalized taller defenders and opposing rebounders in the post, or nailed 3s from the corner (he hit two of them Monday night).

Beast. Per hall of fame USA basketball writer and recruiting analyst Frank Burlison

It's my understanding that Stanford has offered contingent on the SAT or ACT score? It's also my understanding that RT's sort of moved on from them?

Ryan James hits the nail on the head when he talks about how important RT is to this class. We can miss on our top guy at pretty much any position & have strong plan B/C's except at PF. RT is it. The dropped from him to the next PF available is big. Plus he's a local guy. He's priority #1 imo.

You can re-take the ACT/SAT until you get a score you need, so I don't think that will be a problem for Reid. I agree with you that he should be priority #1 though.

Stanford takes jocks with ACT scores in low 20s ..no problem for Travis

You can re-take the ACT/SAT until you get a score you need, so I don't think that will be a problem for Reid. I agree with you that he should be priority #1 though.

I heard he got a 33 on his ACT...I think the Kid is sitting just fine...

I think one of Costa Rican Gopher's original points was Reid had moved on from Stanford, not necessarily due to a failure of obtaining an acceptable SAT/ACT score. Has anybody else heard that? Or is Stanford still one of our biggest problems?

Top Bottom