Wade Baldwin Cuts to 5, will make officials to all five, including Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Zags blog:

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound shooting guard from St. Joe’s-Metuchen (N.J.) told SNY.tv he had trimmed his list.

“After three years of playing at the high school level and competing nationally in AAU in front of numerous amount of colleges, I’ve decided to cut my list down to five high-major schools,” Baldwin told SNY.tv. “They are Virginia Tech, Pitt, Vanderbit, Minnesota, and Rutgers. I plan on taking official visits to all schools in the near future.”

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/wade-baldwin-cuts-to-5/

Go Gophers!!

Feels good to know we will be getting an official from one of the Northeast kids. Seems like a good talent and has been playing well as of late.

Really like his game. Pitino said he wants lots of good ball handlers at all positions and Baldwin definitely fits that description from the SG position, he could probably play a little PG in a pinch. Good shot, good at driving the lane, and seems pretty quick. I have a feeling if he were 6'4 or taller he'd be rated in the top 50.

He's got lanky arms which is good. Would be a solid pick up if we don't get the studs.

4 star player according to ESPN. Pitino and his staff are on a roll. These players are buying whatever is being sold. I'm convinced we'll land a few of these guys and end up with a very good class.

Feels good to know we will be getting an official from one of the Northeast kids. Seems like a good talent and has been playing well as of late.

It's unknown if Minnesota will be getting a visit from Baldwin, but I'd think they're in a better position with him than some of their other targets.

Can see Baldwin at PG or off the ball.

It's unknown if Minnesota will be getting a visit from Baldwin, but I'd think they're in a better position with him than some of their other targets.

“After three years of playing at the high school level and competing nationally in AAU in front of numerous amount of colleges, I’ve decided to cut my list down to five high-major schools,” Baldwin told SNY.tv. “They are Virginia Tech, Pitt, Vanderbit, Minnesota, and Rutgers.I plan on taking official visits to all schools in the near future.”

That's why I posted what I posted.

I understand; it's the reason I posted what I posted as well ;)

So you think there is a chance we don't get an official? Please elaborate.

Also, you think our best shot at these top recruits is with a kid that we may not get an official from? So you are pretty much saying we are screwed for 2014.

Also, you think our best shot at these top recruits is with a kid that we may not get an official from? So you are pretty much saying we are screwed for 2014.

He probably means there's a chance Baldwin commits somewhere else before he makes it on our campus, which is always possibility.

Just making a general comment - not real specific to Baldwin... that is, a target saying that he plans to take an official visit to five schools doesn't mean you should count on him taking an official to five schools. History tells us that.

As for 2014... not saying Baldwin is the best shot... anything can happen... could shape up real well for the Gophers... just saying Baldwin is a guy that I can see coming to Minnesota more so than some of the other names that have been discussed over the past several weeks.

Wade
Jp
Quentin
Reid
Vaughn????

I'd take it yesterday

Can we please stop with these posts? They're pretty unrealistic and seem to pop up every time a new player shows interest. You could swap Baldwin with Sid and that would still be one of the better classes in the school's history, and by far the best in recent years.

Can we please stop with these posts? They're pretty unrealistic and seem to pop up every time a new player shows interest. You could swap Baldwin with Sid and that would still be one of the better classes in the school's history, and by far the best in recent years.

I'd be curious to see your "realistic" class. Let's see it.

Just making a general comment - not real specific to Baldwin... that is, a target saying that he plans to take an official visit to five schools doesn't mean you should count on him taking an official to five schools. History tells us that.

As for 2014... not saying Baldwin is the best shot... anything can happen... could shape up real well for the Gophers... just saying Baldwin is a guy that I can see coming to Minnesota more so than some of the other names that have been discussed over the past several weeks.
exactly ...less big name schools competing for Baldwin

Does anyone know which way, if any, Baldwin is leaning? Sorry if this was discussed in a different thread.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your negativity.

Does anyone know which way, if any, Baldwin is leaning? Sorry if this was discussed in a different thread.

Ryan James tweeted about a week ago that there is some Vandy momentum with him. He had already decided to visit them before he cut his list. Pitt just offered yesterday and ended up in his top 5. I'd say those two schools are the biggest competition.

From the link:

“It all started out with [Minnesota assistant] coach Dan McHale coming over from Seton Hall. I had a good relationship with him over there and when he came over to Minnesota, he followed the offer,” the 6-3, 180-pound Baldwin said in a phone conversation with the Star Tribune. “Coach Pitino was real thrilled about my game and he’s been in contact with me and my parents pretty frequently and, you know, supporting at all my games.

“…I figured I’d try to come up for a visit and see [everything]. They’ve been showing some loyalty toward me, so I’m going to show some love back.”

Go Gophers!!

Yep, probably only 2% chance Baldwin takes an official to Minnnesota. /GW

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownGopher View Post

That's why I posted what I posted.

I understand; it's the reason I posted what I posted as well ;)

Ya! That's why I was thinking about posting -- but I'm too lazy!

In the highlight reel, I like the high socks - smooth like Bobby Jackson! Nice to be in the conversation with these type of players - Go Coach Pitino!

Top Bottom