Vanderbilt Leading Scorer Suspended for Season

Dr.Don

Reaction score
I can only hope and pray that Coach Pitino keeps our Gophers on the straight and narrow path to success.

There are things beyond talents on the floor that Coach P and his staff must consider. To be honest, we GH'ers know nothing about what is involved.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...spended-season-kevin-bright-signs-german-team

p.s. I contacted GH Admin about the "All Things..." Threads and how redundant some of them become, and my concern was denied, which is ok, because I have been denied lots of things in life. I guess maybe we should then have an "All Things Other Colleges' Suspensions" Thread. Thoughts?

I can only hope and pray that Coach Pitino keeps our Gophers on the straight and narrow path to success.

There are things beyond talents on the floor that Coach P and his staff must consider. To be honest, we GH'ers know nothing about what is involved.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...spended-season-kevin-bright-signs-german-team

p.s. I contacted GH Admin about the "All Things..." Threads and how redundant some of them become, and my concern was denied, which is ok, because I have been denied lots of things in life. I guess maybe we should then have an "All Things Other Colleges' Suspensions" Thread. Thoughts?

Kudos to you Doc for ragging about the "All Things..." threads. I think they make the board less interesting. I rarely even open an "All Things..." thread.

If something really happens a new thread will open.

:clap::clap::clap:

Maybe we should have an "All Things Rant of All Things Threads."

We aren't sure what Dr. Don is referring to. He tried to start an All Things Pitino thread which we deleted last week since so many do not want All Things Threads. As we told him, we are completely fine without having them. We are not starting them nor are we merging threads into them. There are some instances that they make sense (SelectionSunday's updates on schedules across the country, the 2014 recruiting threads where recruiting tweets can be put, etc.) but when significant news happens we encourage new threads with that news clearly labeled.

We aren't sure what Dr. Don is referring to. He tried to start an All Things Pitino thread which we deleted last week since so many do not want All Things Threads. As we told him, we are completely fine without having them. We are not starting them nor are we merging threads into them. There are some instances that they make sense (SelectionSunday's updates on schedules across the country, the 2014 recruiting threads where recruiting tweets can be put, etc.) but when significant news happens we encourage new threads with that news clearly labeled.

And with all of that, Dr. Don agrees. New news is what new threads should be.

I actually like the "All Things" threads. Better historical context on some of these recruits. The last thing that I want to do is have a new thread started for every random player to player tweet that happens.

The bigger issue is keeping threads on the topic for which it started. (like this comment for example)

Go Vandy!

I actually like the "All Things" threads. Better historical context on some of these recruits. The last thing that I want to do is have a new thread started for every "Hey Bro" tweet that happens.

The bigger issue is keeping threads on the topic for which it started. (like this comment for example)

Go Vandy!

We agree. The random tweets that are appropriate for an All Things Thread will be merged in, and we are trying to do a tighter job of managing the conversation in these threads so they stay on topic (this one not withstanding). But if Sandy Cohen commits to Marquette, we have no problem if that is in a new clearly labeled thread by itself since it doesn't need to be buried in a Sandy Cohen thread exclusively.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9519678/kedren-johnson-vanderbilt-commodores-suspended-season-kevin-bright-signs-german-team

Take your complaints to the oops wrong forum thread. Kidding I agree.

Top Bottom