Howard Pulley Games

Gopher53

Reaction score
Hey all - Thinking of attending the the HP league games tonight. Are they at the High Performance gyms in Eagan?

It will be my first time so any other items to take note of are appreciated as well.

Thanks!

yep its championship week!! 2 games tonight. Its looking like the championship game will be thursday night and if necessary another one on Friday night.

Anyone know who is playing tonight? Can't find it anywhere online and I havent been down there for a game yet.

I am thinking about going tonight but im not sure what to expect. I did see the teams on the pulley website and Royce white tweeted about playing in eagan tonight. Other than that I have no clue. Any insight is appreciated.

If Royce is in fact playing tonight, and is playing on the roster he is assigned to (sometimes a big if) you may also see Joey King and Wally Ellenson on that team.

If Royce is in fact playing tonight, and is playing on the roster he is assigned to (sometimes a big if) you may also see Joey King and Wally Ellenson on that team.

I don't believe King will be playing tonight. Not sure about Wally. Royce should be there.

Joey King did not play Tuesday after having played in all but one games and his team lost by 2. He scored 8 points in three games, 4 in one, 14 in another and 40 two weeks ago. I was told that Wally suffered an ankle injury. Wednesday night June Miller Time with Royce White (and hopefully King and Ellenson) faces Errol Carlstrom Playaz at 7:00. The winner of that game will play Sutherland Raiders Thursday for the title. Sutherland Raiders are undefeated, so if they lose Thursday, they would play Friday in the double elimination format.

Chris Monter

Buzz was King was a real baby the other night, complaining about every foul (not uncommon for that league), and then getting a T when he refused to take his place in the paint because he didn't like the call. When the coach wanted to check him back in, he pissed and moaned and took his sweet time.. first to get out of his chair and then to get on the court.

Note: I wasn't at that game, but talked to several people that said he has been a serious diva.

Anyone who was there, thoughts?

Buzz was King was a real baby the other night, complaining about every foul (not uncommon for that league), and then getting a T when he refused to take his place in the paint because he didn't like the call. When the coach wanted to check him back in, he pissed and moaned and took his sweet time.. first to get out of his chair and then to get on the court.

Note: I wasn't at that game, but talked to several people that said he has been a serious diva.

Anyone who was there, thoughts?

He was pouting all night. He has a nice game but he has a serious arrogant vibe. Sweet stroke, but he will not be able to defend B1G PF. Slow feet with a weak core. Not a good combo

June Miller Time with Royce White beat Errol Carlstrom Playaz and will play the Sutherland Raiders Thursday for the title. Sutherland Raiders are undefeated, so if they lose Thursday, they would play Friday in the double elimination format.

Chris Monter

June Miller Time with Royce White beat Errol Carlstrom Playaz and will play the Sutherland Raiders Thursday for the title. Sutherland Raiders are undefeated, so if they lose Thursday, they would play Friday in the double elimination format.
Chris Monter

Did King and Ellenson play last night? They're on June Miller Time, right? I didn't see their name in the box score. Do these guys just show up whenever they want, or what? (Or, Ellenson might be injured?)

King did not play last night and I believe that Ellenson is injured.

Parental duties, didn't attend.

Oto 2pts!

Apparently Royce got all the calls again, Mbakwe jumps to block the shot after the second step, Royce takes a third step and makes body contact as Mbakwe swats the ball and gets the foul call. Rodney/Royce and company lost the game, and it sounded like it wasn't even close. Word is Mbakwe had a very strong game vs. Royce.

I'd be happy to hear from anyone who was in attendance.

Side note: I forgot how good Paris Kyles is.

Dame Tweet- Haven't lost in a Howard Pulley Pro Am in 2 years #backtobackchamps

Chris Tweets-

White 36, Williams Jr. 26, K. Olafeso 16, Chambers 15, Hooker 12, West 7, Maxey 0 for June Miller Time.

Mbakwe 24, Graham 24, Kyles 22, Johnson 18, Townsend 18, Hipp 13, Sutherland 11, Osenieks 2, Shell 0 for the Sutherland Raiders.

Sutherland Raiders won the Howard Pulley Pro-Am Sumner League for the second straight with a 122-112 win over June Miller Time.

Yeah i was in attendance last night. If you were a fan of rodneys high flying dunks at the U then last night would have been a treat. Numerous highlight dunks for him. Royce was complaining all 1st half about the calls from one official. Even said to the crowd this man has been killing me every year, I might have to beat him up or something. Then the rest of the game no calls against him. Mbakwe looked pretty solid, love his high post jumper. Sutherland Raiders pretty much controlled the whole game. Royce/Rodney's team cut the lead to 8-9 points a few times but not enough to force a 2nd championship game for Friday night. I did laugh when June Miller Time was making a run and coming back and Royce yells out "you better hope this clock runs out"

said to the crowd this man has been killing me every year, I might have to beat him up or something

One game I heard him say some things to that little Bear pg, that he was going to f' him up and some other threats about kicking his ass... acts like Mr. Proper, but he still has a nasty side. The PG was talking after the game; did you hear that s**t Royce was talking to me, that mf'er is a mean ass gangster (his words, not mine).

It was funny coming from him, because he's the biggest s**t talking in the league. Was yelling in Malik's ear that this is my city mf'er about 20 time a minute.

Top Bottom