Several Gopher recruits in Action on ESPN3 and ESPNU today!

GameDay

Reaction score
Super Showcase Semi-Final #1
When: 7:00 am CT this morning
Where: ESPN3
Who: Team Final vs E1T1
Recruits 2 Watch: Ja'Quan Newton (2014), Malachi Richardson (2015)

Storyline- We'll see what Newton is made of, because he'll go up against top 15 North Carolina recruit Joel Berry at the PG position. Richardson who has decent interest in us will likely go against Duke commit Grayson Allen.

Super Showcase Semi-Final #2
When: 9:00 am CT this morning
Where: ESPN3
Who: Howard Pulley vs Boo Williams
Recruits 2 Watch: Reid Travis (2014) Jarvis Johnson (2015) & Tyus w/ an asterisk

Storyline: Reid Travis could match up against 7-1 sophomore sensation Thon Maker. Will Reid keep outplaying Tyus, and will Jarvis step up? We'll see...

WINNERS PLAY IN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AT 1:00 pm CT ON ESPN3! (Howard Pulley vs E1T1)

I didn't get a chance to watch Team Final v E1T1, but Pulley is looking pretty good. Reid only has 6 points but is rebounding just about every ball that's available, and the announcers can't stop gushing over him. He's getting by far the most attention out of any other player on the court. Tyus looks OK right now, but Bjorn Broman is red hot from 3.

The announcers just said that Minnesota's "Big Three"--Tyus Jones, Jarvis Johnson, and Reid Travis--all play together at De La Salle

You are right about that! Reid is a rebounding machine. Altering a lot of shots on the defensive end as well. Broman has a beautiful stroke.
They need to take care of the ball though....ten turnovers in the first half.

Pulley's coach has made some horrible personnel decisions. Like taking Tyus out with 5 min left after Boo Williams goes on a huge run. Pulley also has way too many timid, unathletic, useless white kids.

So did Newton's team win? Do they play Pulley in the Championship (assuming Pulley holds on)? Would love to see Newton v. Jones (GO NEWTON!).

So did Newton's team win? Do they play Pulley in the Championship (assuming Pulley holds on)? Would love to see Newton v. Jones (GO NEWTON!).
No they lost to E1T1 but sounded like Newton had another pretty decent game.

Pulley's coach has made some horrible personnel decisions. Like taking Tyus out with 5 min left after Boo Williams goes on a huge run. Pulley also has way too many timid, unathletic, useless white kids.

You mean like the guys hitting three after three which helped them win the championship this weekend? LOL.

You mean like the guys hitting three after three which helped them win the championship this weekend? LOL.

They looked terrible in the semi-final game. Kudos to them if they stepped up their game in the 'ship. They look absolutely frightened to dribble the ball and took some really ill-advised 3's when I was watching.

Thanks for the heads up and education on race, love when that's shared on these boards. I'll be sure to keep my "white kids" from participating in anything requiring athleticism.

racist much?

Not sure how else I was supposed to describe their poor role players since the broadcasters didn't say any of their names while I was watching. I also don't see how it's racist to say that the players that were killing the team in crunch time were the unathletic, scared to handle the ball white kids that were taking ill-advised 3's.

Not sure how else I was supposed to describe their poor role players since the broadcasters didn't say any of their names while I was watching. I also don't see how it's racist to say that the players that were killing the team in crunch time were the unathletic, scared to handle the ball white kids that were taking ill-advised 3's.

Jersey numbers, maybe their actual names.... Not difficult.

Jersey numbers, maybe their actual names.... Not difficult.

I'm sorry I didn't have a roster in front of me and like I said the broadcasters didn't use their names while I was watching.

I'm sorry I didn't have a roster in front of me and like I said the broadcasters didn't use their names while I was watching.

I understand. I just hope that you're not using those types of statements in front of your own, or any other, white kids.

I understand. I just hope that you're not using those types of statements in front of your own, or any other, white kids.

Haha I use those types of statements against myself all the time! I'm about as unathletic as they come! Purely a below the rim player. Seriously though, you are crazy if you think I'm racist based on that post.

Haha I use those types of statements against myself all the time! I'm about as unathletic as they come! Purely a below the rim player. Seriously though, you are crazy if you think I'm racist based on that post.

I'm going to have to agree with you entirely... Why is everyone so hypersensitive?... I watched most of the Pulley games from that tournament and thought exactly what you thought! The only names the announcers really said were Travis, Jones, and Johnson. I would have described them the exact same way lol

I don't know if you're racist usually, but, "Pulley also has way too many timid, unathletic, useless white kids" was a racist comment. You don't need the "white" in that statement. When you throw it in, it reinforces the negative stereotype that white, timid, unathletic and useless are all synonyms.

I don't know if you're racist usually, but, "Pulley also has way too many timid, unathletic, useless white kids" was a racist comment. You don't need the "white" in that statement. When you throw it in, it reinforces the negative stereotype that white, timid, unathletic and useless are all synonyms.

+1 - Not saying you ARE a racist, just that that comment was a racist thing to say. Just because you're white and play below the rim doesn't mean all white people do, it's an offensive race based description.

GopherDude - It might be hypersensitive, but I don't want my kids growing up thinking they have limitations based purely on the color of their skin.

I wasn't saying all white kids are unathletic, the most athletic kid on the Gophers bball team is white. I was simply describing the kids that were killing the team in crunch time. I'm done with this thread.

I happen to think that Bjorn Broman, Jake Wright, and Sam Neumann really helped their team a lot the final 2 games. Unathletic, and also timid at times? Sure!

AO54 is Correct! Madtown's post was Racist and stupid! Pulley's coach did a great!! job winning last 2 games with only 2 high major recruits playing(Jarvis was ill) and only one kid over 6'5". Vs teams with 4 or more high major recruits. What about saying Pulley needs more athletic and aggressive black kids on the team ...would that be OK? Pully's website has the roster listed for anyone interested. It was outstanding coaching and great team work. No lack of aggressiveness out there by anyone they played hard and smart.

Top Bottom