Frank Williams arrested

i'll never forget that game. ever.

williams probably shouldn't be committing bodily harm and battery, allegedly.

i'll never forget that game. ever.

Worst game of this century. Can we really have some fun and discuss the 2003 Michigan football game too?

Warning, not safe for work, or anywhere else. Kidding, but don't scroll down unless you want to be very, very sad.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/itiRSH79H_Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least Jim Nance with Billy Packer before he got senile is nice. And the old CBS theme music.

Kinda hoping that will be shades of our new press.

Worst game of this century. Can we really have some fun and discuss the 2003 Michigan football game too?

Just when I was enjoying a lovely day...I had to be reminded of these games. Thanks a lot, GUYS! ;)

Just when I was enjoying a lovely day...I had to be reminded of these games. Thanks a lot, GUYS! ;)

GL, a little Fatherly advice here: Do NOT let negatives from the past ruin what is a lovely day. Enjoy today, you can do nothing about the past.

GL, a little Fatherly advice here: Do NOT let negatives from the past ruin what is a lovely day. Enjoy today, you can do nothing about the past.

But this game changed the future of Gopher Hoops, it absolutely broke my heart. I will never get over this one.

I will say, following this game was the angriest I have ever been in my life, hopefully angriest I ever will be. Looking back, I'm surprised I am over it.

I will say, following this game was the angriest I have ever been in my life, hopefully angriest I ever will be. Looking back, I'm surprised I am over it.

Devastation.

I recall afterwards thinking the primary culprit was a horrible error in assuming Illinois' strategy; Gopher guards just automatically assumed they were going to get fouled and have to make FT's. Never occurred to them that they would have to advance the ball anywhere near midcourt. Poor coaching did not help.

I had one of the best runs of my life after that game. It was an unseasonably warm late Sunday afternoon in February. I came home from Williams pissed beyond belief, threw on my gear, and drilled a ten mile run. I still think about that run and I still think about that game.

It was almost fitting, the 03 team had some pre season hype if I recall correctly. Disappointing end to a disappointing season. Than the wheels really fell off in 04

Top Bottom