Shooter Now: Gophers trail for Tyus Jones, Reid Travis, Rashad Vaughn

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

The way it looks now, it will be surprising if Duke doesn't win the sweepstakes for Tyus Jones, the Apple Valley point guard prodigy.

Meanwhile, Michigan State appears to be the front-runner for DeLaSalle forward Reid Travis, with North Carolina and UCLA the leading destinations for ex-Robbinsdale Cooper guard Rashad Vaughn, who is transferring to Findlay Prep in Las Vegas.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Well, the Duke thing, we all knew, but I'm just hoping that Shooter's "little birdie" is about as accurate as he usually is on the latter two guesses.

were weren't trailing for travis and vaughn when tubby was here and now we are...is that what walters is implying

When we have a top 20 class next year, we're not going to care whether any of these 3 are in it. Would love to see them, however.

Nothing new there, Jones has been gone for awhile, Vaughn is possible but a long shot, who knows about Travis, with no record of success, new relationships, etc. it was going to be tough to begin with. When last season went south it became obvious it was going to be tough to sign any of them, Reichart and Humphries ended up going to the U after commiting else where, anything can happen.

Before we knew anything about Pitino's recruiting we though these 3 were our best/only hope to get some elite talent in the 2014 class. Now that we see Pitino pretty much only has offers out to 4 and 5 star kids, not getting any of the Big 3 is much easier to swallow. I just can't wait to see who ends up in our 2014 class.

i've never heard MSU was the frontrunner for reid, and UCLA for vaughn? UNC and UK are the top 2 for rashad with the gophers being his #3 choice and iowa state at #4 for him

i've never heard MSU was the frontrunner for reid, and UCLA for vaughn? UNC and UK are the top 2 for rashad with the gophers being his #3 choice and iowa state at #4 for him

I heard UCLA is considered a favorite for Perkins, and they are talking package deal. That's where that comes from. It's still a long way to signing day, so pretty much anything can happen...

I think most people have known and said the same about Tyus, but I think this is nothing more then a couple of guesses with both Vaughn and Travis.

Still think the U is a legit long shot for Tyus . Tyus could have easily and understandably dropped the U from his list when Tubby was canned.

I think most people have known and said the same about Tyus, but I think this is nothing more then a couple of guesses with both Vaughn and Travis.

+1...

Ryan James on twitter today in response to the above assertion... "Rashad Vaughn talks summer events, Minnesota, recruiting, etc with GI (Minnesota.Rivals.com) and no, he does NOT have 2 schools leading"

Heard Fat Pat, now Skin-bag Pat, making for of shooter and called him a big dumb idiot & talked about their days working together.

He does appear to be a real nob. This article was just to get some clicks, we have good chances at both Vaughn and Reid.

"Shooter Now: Gophers trail for Tyus Jones, Reid Travis, Rashad Vaughn"

Until any and all of these kids sign their LOI's every school is trailing. I am at a wait and see mode, and whatever happens, happens.

Charley has as much "inside knowledge" about Gopher recruiting as the radishes in my garden....none.

Shooter is an idiot plain and simple

Couldn't agree more. Shooter is so full of bull$hit all the time in his articles I can't stand it. One of the worst in the business.

Ryan James and Rashad have already discredited his one scoop on UNC and UCLA.
I'll discredit the other by saying that Reid is completely undecided on where he wants to go right now.
And the Tyus and Duke one he can just find out by checking twitter or reading GopherHole.

He doesn't use any real sources and goes off of rumors and the rest he makes up in his head. Terrible work once again...

Top Bottom