Q&A: Jarvis Johnson Talks Gophers, Badgers and Upcoming Unofficial Visits

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Jarvis Johnson Talks Gophers, Badgers and Upcoming Unofficial Visits
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/271914?referrer_id=331171

Jarvis Johnson, a 2015 point guard from Minneapolis (MN) DeLaSalle, received a scholarship offer from Minnesota in April and one from rival Wisconsin this week. Johnson helped lead the Islanders to its second Class AAA state title as they finished 30-1 and were undefeated against in-state schools.

Gopher Hole caught up with Jarvis Johnson Tuesday night at the High Performance Academy to learn the latest on his recruitment.

Gopher Hole: Have you picked up any new offers since the Peach Jam?

Jarvis Johnson: Not any that I have heard, but I heard that I have Wisconsin, but I am not too sure.

Gopher Hole: How many offers are you up to right now?

Jarvis Johnson: I would say 11.

Gopher Hole: You didn’t make it quite as far as you would have liked at the Peach Jam, but you played well down in Augusta. What was the feeling after that event?

Jarvis Johnson: It was a good feeling knowing that we could have won. We could have beaten the Oakland Soldiers. I think that we just relaxed at the end, towards the end of the session, but I think that we did pretty well.

Gopher Hole: I know that during the Meanstreets game, you were down, but you hit a couple of big shots that helped you win that game. You had to be pretty proud.

Jarvis Johnson: Yes, I was. I didn’t think that I would get the opportunity, but Tyus found me when I was open and I shot it and made it.

Gopher Hole: Howard Pulley is off the second week of the open period. What are you going to be doing?

Jarvis Johnson: Just working out.

Gopher Hole: Is it nice in a way to have a little time off because you have been playing so much?

Jarvis Johnson: Yes, it is. It is just time to relax, really.

Gopher Hole: You play in Florida the next week and one of those games will be televised on ESPNU. That should be a cool experience.

Jarvis Johnson: Yes, it is. Me and Sam (Neumann) actually talked about it. It should be pretty fun.

Gopher Hole: How about playing in the Howard Pulley Pro-Am Summer League? You are playing against some college guys and some pro players. How much do you think that has helped your game?

Jarvis Johnson: A lot, especially because they are older and they are stronger than most of these high school kids, so it just prepares you to get to the basket more and play harder.

Gopher Hole: What about the Gophers? What are you hearing from them?

Jarvis Johnson: Me and Pitino have been talking this past week and the weekend and then Ben Johnson and I have been keeping in contact.

Gopher Hole: Have you had a chance to go down there lately?

Jarvis Johnson: No, I haven’t.

Gopher Hole: Are you planning on making any trips in the near future?

Jarvis Johnson: Unofficial visits next month. I think Kansas, Iowa State and Wisconsin.

Gopher Hole: Your sister is down at Iowa State already. Has she talked to you about being down there?

Jarvis Johnson: She is enjoying herself. It look her a little bit to be comfortable there because she is a homebody, but she has adjusted.

Top Bottom