Maui Invitational pairings should be coming soon

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Looks like we should be getting the Maui Invitational pairings sometime later today. ESPN.com currently is revealing pairings for all its tournaments. I'll say the Gophers draw Justin Cobbs and Cal.

Hoping for Minnesota v. Gonzaga in the Championship. Two of the 3 universities I've attended. Should be a great tournament though, lots of good teams. Wish I could make it out to Hawaii for it.

Update: Looks like the Maui pairings will be announced Wednesday, not today.

Of note of the pairings announced today:

Tubby's Texas Tech squad opens with Pitt in the Legends Classic.

Michigan opens with Dan Monson's Long Beach State squad in the Puerto Rico Tip-Off, followed by a potential NCAA rematch with VCU in the semifinals.

Purdue drew a tough quarterfinal assignment in the Old Spice Classic, getting Oklahoma State.

Posted this in the Gophers schedule thread but my prediction for the bracket is:
Baylor vs. Dayton
Gonzaga vs. Arkansas
Syracuse vs. Chaminade
Gophers vs. California

Posted this in the Gophers schedule thread but my prediction for the bracket is:
Baylor vs. Dayton
Gonzaga vs. Arkansas
Syracuse vs. Chaminade
Gophers vs. California

I predict Minnesota vs Baylor, and this is the prediction I'll put on record. My secondary prediction though: Minnesota vs Arkansas

Minnesota vs Baylor
Gonzaga vs Dayton
Chaminade vs Arkansas
Syracuse vs California

I predict Minnesota vs Baylor, and this is the prediction I'll put on record. My secondary prediction though: Minnesota vs Arkansas

Minnesota vs Baylor
Gonzaga vs Dayton
Chaminade vs Arkansas
Syracuse vs California

I predict Minnesota vs Dayton.

Anyone other than Chaminade. I want to stay as far away from that trap game as possible.

Anyone other than Chaminade. I want to stay as far away from that trap game as possible.

Agree. Always want to get 3 Division I games out of this tournament. Hopefully we're not on Chaminade's side of the bracket.

SS - any insight into how the matchups are actually chosen? Wondering if there's some history behind, say, pairing Chaminade with the cream of the crop early on. That would indicate a possible Syracuse/Silverswords game. Of course, it could be completely random.

Top Bottom