MACURA OFFERED....

I posted it in the JP thread and the 2014 thread...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>JP Macura has been offered by the University of Minnesota.</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/355441136199929856">July 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Could be our first 2014 commit.

Sweet! Still hope we are on good grounds with Whitehead, Newton, Vaughn, Perkins though. I have no reason to believe we aren't. Good stuff.

We were told that JP was very, very excited when the U offered today.

Like jump up and down excited?

Or

Like pee your pants excited?

Or

Like they just announced they will make a Star Wars VII excited?

Or

Like you found the temporary tattoo in the bottom of a Cracker Jack excited?

I haven't seen him play. Is he primarily a shooter who doesn't play much D or a more complete wing than that? Does he come off of the bench if Vaughn signs? Insights?

His strength is shooting but he's overall a solid player. He would be a great add, and a four year player. Just think if we can get a good point guard how open he could be shooting the 3. How could we lose?

IMO floor is a spot shooter from the 3 point line. A zone breaker. I don't see him ever starting, but I do like the fit with Vaughn. No idea what his ceiling is, because I believe Pitino will always have more athletic wings. Once again just my opinion.

I haven't seen him play. Is he primarily a shooter who doesn't play much D or a more complete wing than that? Does he come off of the bench if Vaughn signs? Insights?

At this point, it's impossible to say because neither have signed or even hinted that Minnesota is a frontrunner. JP is a blooming prospect ranked as high as No. 89 on Scout.com and 126 on Rivals.com. I don't think he would sit on the bench for that long, even with Vaughn.

Sometimes I wonder why people get down about his "lack of athleticism". All you need to do is work out and increase vertical, strength and quickness and you will have all the athleticism you need (Macura). Trust me, he will only get better.

All you need to do is work out and increase vertical, strength and quickness and you will have all the athleticism you need

Oh is that all? I suppose Rodney is so athletic because he did a bunch of squats, huh?

Oh is that all? I suppose Rodney is so athletic because he did a bunch of squats, huh?

Yea, and Michael Jordan too. But he practiced his shots more. LeBron? Don't get me started. SO many squats.

And we see how far that athleticism got him. Sounds like JP has more hops than Hoffarber anyway and is bigger.Pretty hard to project a kid never starting. I don't think Pitino would recruit a kid he didn't think could possibly start some where down the line. Seems like every time a recruit is mentioned people say he's a four year player like we normally are getting guys who come out early.

And we see how far that athleticism got him. Sounds like JP has more hops than Hoffarber anyway and is bigger.Pretty hard to project a kid never starting. I don't think Pitino would recruit a kid he didn't think could possibly start some where down the line. Seems like every time a recruit is mentioned people say he's a four year player like we normally are getting guys who come out early.

Especially after they clearly took a while to evaluate him. They see promise in him and I think Pitino was genuinely on the line about him

Sometimes I wonder why people get down about his "lack of athleticism". All you need to do is work out and increase vertical, strength and quickness and you will have all the athleticism you need (Macura). Trust me, he will only get better.

One of the dumbest posts ever on GH.

What is the over/under timeframe on Macura committing?

Why is everyone always worried about athleticism? The kid can flat out play. Quick release on his shot, deceptive speed and quickness, good IQ, what's there not to like. If he commits he comes in with a better skill-set the Wally Ellenson. I thought we were trying to get away from the athletic-unskilled players Tubby recruited. This a great offer. Hope he commits.

I hope that Pitino told him that the offer is real and will not go away, but if he accepts it, not to announce anything publicly until we know what's up with Vaughn/Whitehead.

I hope that Pitino told him that the offer is real and will not go away, but if he accepts it, not to announce anything publicly until we know what's up with Vaughn/Whitehead.

Why? Do you really think those two wouldn't go to a school with a kid like Macura committed? If that's the case they won't be going to any of the top college basketball programs. Hell UNC already has 2 or 3 kids committed that are better than Macura and Vaughn is still considering them.

Why? Do you really think those two wouldn't go to a school with a kid like Macura committed? If that's the case they won't be going to any of the top college basketball programs. Hell UNC already has 2 or 3 kids committed that are better than Macura and Vaughn is still considering them.

Yeah....I don't think lack of confidence will be a problem for these guys. Probably thinking "JP who?"

not sure why this went twice. sorry

Looks like a good offer to me.
He seems athletic enough for the next level, he'll likely grow an inch or 2 before going to college.

Would be a good get for the U, especially in addition to any of the "Big 3".
He looks like he has more potential than a significant portion of the Gophers current roster.
Nice move by Pitino.

Top Bottom