2009 Recruiting Class Reunites in Philly

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
With Royce White being traded to the 76ers, joining Rodney and Trevor as invites, it appears 75% of the Gophers' celebrated 2009 recruiting class will be reunited in Philadelphia. Maybe we'll finally see what could have been had everyone stayed and played for Tubby. I assume the Sixers will draft Justin Cobbs next year to complete the class.

Too bad Tubby got on at TT, he would have been a great fit as VP of Player Development for the Sixers!

Too bad Tubby got on at TT, he would have been a great fit as VP of Player Development for the Sixers!

Not unless Saul could have been his Ass't VP of Player Development. After all, the Kid needs a job too.

Seems Rodney had a pretty solid first game. Trevor not as effective. Just based on tweets from Marcus and Ryan James.

From Marcus:

@Will_I_Ams_33 finished with 12 pts 5-10 FG, 2 rbs, 2 ast and 3 blks in 26 mins. @TMbakwe32 had 5 pts and 4 rbs in 12 mins. #NBASummerLeague

Are the plus/minus numbers for real? Woah.

DVR'd the game, but haven't watched it yet.

Anyone know when there next game is on?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

the stat sheet is misleading, Rodney had 13 points, not 12, they screwed it up, he also had 2 blocks, he also played 26 minutes but trevor only played 12, he did have 5 points and 4 rebounds within those 12 minutes though which is pretty good, both started, it seems the philly staff is alot more intrigued by rodney then trevor with those types of minutes played, they play tomorrow at 1:00, wednesday at 1:00, thursday at 5:00 all on NBATV

http://www.nba.com/nbatv/schedule/

i doesn't mean much but sixer fans are impressed with Rodney and think he could make the roster,

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/sixers/Rockets-top-Sixers.html

"Rodney Williams may have a chance (if Curry was in charge), because his athleticism could serve perimeter defense, as well as finishing skills on the break."

"Thought Rodney Williams and MCW looked good. Hope the Sixers hire a coach asap!"

"Rodney Williams looked real good, has to work on his shot. Once he gets that down he could be a great defender/slasher for the Sixers."

"Rodney Williams was the only one with a true positive for me in this game...athletic traits that will help him make the team if he finds a niche............."

"Rodney Williams would have been a lottery pick if he came out after his Frosh year. Good pickup by the Sixers."

"Rodney has a chance to make this team just on athleticism alone. The rest of the team destined for the D-League."

its humbling that fans of an NBA franchise are pleased and happy with the acquisition of a former minnesota gopher! hopefully he can be like Eric Decker and be the next gopher that i can root for on the next level

i doesn't mean much but sixer fans are impressed with Rodney and think he could make the roster,

"Rodney Williams may have a chance (if Curry was in charge), because his athleticism could serve perimeter defense, as well as finishing skills on the break."

"Thought Rodney Williams and MCW looked good. Hope the Sixers hire a coach asap!"

"Rodney Williams looked real good, has to work on his shot. Once he gets that down he could be a great defender/slasher for the Sixers."

"Rodney Williams was the only one with a true positive for me in this game...athletic traits that will help him make the team if he finds a niche............."

"Rodney Williams would have been a lottery pick if he came out after his Frosh year. Good pickup by the Sixers."

"Rodney has a chance to make this team just on athleticism alone. The rest of the team destined for the D-League."

its humbling that fans of an NBA franchise are pleased and happy with the acquisition of a former minnesota gopher! hopefully he can be like Eric Decker and be the next gopher that i can root for on the next level

Good to see positive comments for Rodney. Not sure about him being a lottery pick after his frosh year. If that were the case he would have been long gone.

Pretty much what people have been saying for some time. Rodney was always the better NBA prospect due to his amazing athleticism & ability to play defense. Mbakwe on the other hand is an undersized, 25 y/o PF with two bad knees.

Top Bottom