TC Starlight: Gopher Hoops Shoot Around w/ Kris Humphries

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per TC Starlight:

What did you do last night? Did you get off your couch to partake in a verb and shed some calories? Yeah neither did we … The newest Boston Celtic Kris Humphries got his fitness on though, shooting some hoops with the University of Minnesota men’s basketball team at the Bierman Field Athletic Building.

http://tcstarlight.com/2013/07/03/gopher-hoops-shoot-around-w-kris-humphries/

Go Gophers!!

Oh Kris, you've made so many mistakes in life but I still respect you. At least you didn't impregnate Kim. Good boy.

What the heck is "TC Starlight"? Another gossip column to compete with CJ or whatever her name is?

I disown Humphries as a Gopher. I wish Monson would not have allowed him on the team or for Humphries' father to run roughshod over the program while Kris was a part of it. Humphries was a terrible teammate and had no interest in the team or his fellow players. He completely exploited Monson's desperation and used our team as his personal showcase. I am mad that they even allowed him back in any University of Minnesota facility.

I disown Humphries as a Gopher. I wish Monson would not have allowed him on the team or for Humphries' father to run roughshod over the program while Kris was a part of it. Humphries was a terrible teammate and had no interest in the team or his fellow players. He completely exploited Monson's desperation and used our team as his personal showcase. I am mad that they even allowed him back in any University of Minnesota facility.

Your correct about a couple of things...

Your anger level seems a little high, I think you should head on down to campus and confront him.

I would think he experiences with the Kardashians might have humbled him. He is probably a different person than he was during his year at the U.

How did these guys find a basket to shoot at on campus?!?! :confused:

If I were Pitino I'd connect w/Humphries re: talking up the program. Fact is the Gophers don't have a lot of NBA names from the current century that they can throw out to interested parties.

I would think he experiences with the Kardashians might have humbled him. He is probably a different person than he was during his year at the U.

I doubt it. You are talking about the very Kris Humphries who was booed at his high school graduation while his teammate at Hopkins, the elder Coleman, was cheered. Humphries is the embodiment of what give jocks a bad name. I doubt fame and money have tempered any of that, regardless of the Kardashian fiasco. If karma existed, he has yet to get his fill.

If I were Pitino I'd connect w/Humphries re: talking up the program. Fact is the Gophers don't have a lot of NBA names from the current century that they can throw out to interested parties.

Agree completely. He also has a little bit of money.

He's a household name, use it. And regardless of what people think, he is a very good basketball player. A good guy for our posts to practice against.

An interesting idea and with most other Gopher NBA alums, I would say go for it. But Kris was never much of what I would call an ambassador for the program. It was pretty well known that Humphries and his old-man bullied Monson while he played for the U. And after one year, he bolted for the NBA as fast as possible. Frankly, I would hope we could find someone else.

Is that Jordan Taylor in the red shoes behind Kris? Looks like he is standing next to Rodney.

Rodney is in the picture too. But the person standing next to Rodney in the grey T shirt.

Hump makes them look like twigs. He is one BIG fella, was huge in high school like that Viks TE Carlson.

Pretty sure that is JT, not TL. Nice to see Pitino using that court, what was Tubby thinking?

Coach Pitino tweet: @KrisHumphries come by and say hello! Glad you got to play with our guys. You are always welcome.

Go Gophers!!

Coach Pitino tweet: @KrisHumphries come by and say hello! Glad you got to play with our guys. You are always welcome.

Go Gophers!!

Very savvy of Richard to welcome Humphries back into the fold. It's never too late for him to become the ambassador for the program that he hasn't been up to this point. Like him or not, he's a big name and would lend some glamour to the program.

And Humphries responded:

Kris Humphries ‏@KrisHumphries 7h
@MNCoachPitino had a great run! Ill come by your office this week. Looking forward to meeting you

Top Bottom