Games on tape -a little help

whogoofed

Reaction score
Hi, I went through some boxes in the garage and found one with a bunch of gopher games on VHS tapes. I have nearly all the big ten games from 1997, several of the NCAA games from that year and a couple games from the Vashon L. years. Would anyone be interested in converting these to DVDs and maybe posting on youtube for everyones enjoyment? I won't have the time to do that. I'd like to get them back on DVD and will send a bunch of blank discs to start with.

Plenty of places that will do a VHS to DVD conversion. Here's one local place's link for example:

http://www.savingtape.com/vhs-to-dvd-transfer.php

I was a sophomore in 1997 with Season tix, and I went to every game that season, including driving all the way back from home in southern WI for the games over the holidays, so archiving some of these games for re-viewing would definitely mean something to me. I'd especially love to see that Illini @ Minn game where JT hit the throws to clinch (have yet to see that game on the BTN's "Greatest Games" dockett (but maybe I missed it).

All that said, I'd be willing to take this project on, but I certainly don't want to get stuck with the bill for converting all those hours of VHS to DVD. Hopefully somebody here on GH can do this with their own equip?

I'm pretty sure the whole youtube bit is illegal.

I'm pretty sure the whole youtube bit is illegal.
Plus YouTube has a limit on the length of videos. Pretty sure a complete game would exceed the limit. I've done VHS conversions, but it takes a lot of time (since you have to play the VHS in real time) and a huge amount of disc space. I still think it's a good idea, but I don't have the time to take it on.

Plus YouTube has a limit on the length of videos. Pretty sure a complete game would exceed the limit. I've done VHS conversions, but it takes a lot of time (since you have to play the VHS in real time) and a huge amount of disc space. I still think it's a good idea, but I don't have the time to take it on.

I've watched 3+ hour videos on youtube, so there must be some setting that allows you to get around it.

I would guess the NCAA would block the videos though, not sure how they feel about full games getting posted.

playing without cheating

They were a fantastic basketball team for several years, that is what I know. They played and won those games. I could care less that someone wrote some of their papers, it didn't make them better on the court.

You have your beliefs, I have mine, deal with it.

They were a fantastic basketball team for several years, that is what I know. They played and won those games. I could care less that someone wrote some of their papers, it didn't make them better on the court.

Ben Johnson won the gold medal in the 100 m at the 1988 Olympics.

Lance Armstrong won 7 Tours de France.

Rosie Ruiz won the Boston Marathon in 1980.

You have your beliefs, I have mine, deal with it.

I have facts and evidence, you have conjecture. Deal with it.

I have. They played, they won.

Great memories, great team!

Yes, they won at the contest of who could cheat the best. They didn't win any legitimate athletic competitions.

Yes they did.

No, they didn't. The NCAA agrees with me.

Great memories, great team!

Yes, great at cheating!

Why is it your goal to convince people otherwise? Pretty pathetic.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm stating what the facts are, augmented by my inability to understand why so many Gophers fans enthusiastically deify rampant disregard for rules. I'd rather lose every game from now to eternity with honor than win anything by cheating.

Top Bottom