"Onions" & "Send It In Jerome" Raftery moving to Fox along with new Big East

There has been a lot of ESPN workers leaving for fox and nbc recently

ESPN isn't doing well financially, which leads to lots of changes in personnel. I like Raferty more than I like ESPN.

ESPN isn't doing well financially.

Is that true? I hadn't heard that. If it is, it doesn't surprise me.

I appreciate Big Brother for the college (football/basketball/baseball) games they air, but there are just too many jack-a**es on ESPN. Way too many unlikable or past-their-prime characters. ... Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Desmond Howard, Ed Cunningham, Chris Berman, Dick Vitale, Lee Corso. ... the list goes on and on. It gets easier & easier to tune out ESPN for anything other than actual game coverage.

Is that true? I hadn't heard that. If it is, it doesn't surprise me.

I appreciate Big Brother for the college (football/basketball/baseball) games they air, but there are just too many jack-a**es on ESPN. Way too many unlikable or past-their-prime characters. ... Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Desmond Howard, Ed Cunningham, Chris Berman, Dick Vitale, Lee Corso. ... the list goes on and on. It gets easier & easier to tune out ESPN for anything other than actual game coverage.

Same here. Other than a MN game I record PTI and I listen to Mike and Mike. That's it. Way too many talking heads(mostly jocks and ex-jocks) that can't speak the English language and all about hype.

Raftery is my favorite college basketball analyst. Hopefully BTN (which Fox owns almost a 50% interest in) can sign him up for a few games. Good combo for FS1, wish they were doing more high profile games.

Raftery is my favorite college basketball analyst. Hopefully BTN (which Fox owns almost a 50% interest in) can sign him up for a few games. Good combo for FS1, wish they were doing more high profile games.

Sweet, FOX - the worst sports broadcasting network of all time. Maybe we can have more complete dunces as an analyst panel, like that moronic NFL pre-game (and post-game) show. Or maybe we can have a bunch of computer-animated robots dunking basketballs and flexing their computer-animated biceps. Maybe Joe Buck can do a Gopher game and tell the audience to 'turn around, that's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen' when Andre Hollins flashes the OK Eyes (reference to his overblown statement on Randy Moss's "infamous" endzone celebration against Green Bay). Or maybe they can drown out all crowd noise to a din like they do on NFL Sundays so that we can only hear the boring announcers' voices, so that college basketball on TV sounds just like the boring NBA (followed by, of course, the da na na, na-na-na with stupid computer-animated robots jumping into the screen and dancing from time to time to wake up the bored audience). This will be FANtastic.

Sweet, FOX - the worst sports broadcasting network of all time. Maybe we can have more complete dunces as an analyst panel, like that moronic NFL pre-game (and post-game) show. Or maybe we can have a bunch of computer-animated robots dunking basketballs and flexing their computer-animated biceps. Maybe Joe Buck can do a Gopher game and tell the audience to 'turn around, that's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen' when Andre Hollins flashes the OK Eyes (reference to his overblown statement on Randy Moss's "infamous" endzone celebration against Green Bay). Or maybe they can drown out all crowd noise to a din like they do on NFL Sundays so that we can only hear the boring announcers' voices, so that college basketball on TV sounds just like the boring NBA (followed by, of course, the da na na, na-na-na with stupid computer-animated robots jumping into the screen and dancing from time to time to wake up the bored audience). This will be FANtastic.

They often turn up the crowd noise loud enough to bust ear drums also. Whoever runs their mixing board is either drunk or stoned.

Top Bottom