Bryant Allen kicked off team @ Illinois State

Too bad for Bryant - he had some big games last year for Illinois State and seemingly had found a level that allowed him to play solid minutes. Had he stayed here and been able to play both sports, I think he would have gotten PT on the hoops team given our backcourt issues.

Thanks for posting Hodger.

Go Gophers!!

I think it was the Cal (football) game in 2009... I think I recall him catching a punt and being absolutely blasted to the point of being woozy and needing to be helped off the field. I always thought he should have concentrated on being a football player although he obviously had very good basketball skills. Seeing him get kicked off his current team, it makes me wonder how he would have survived on the Gopher football team with Jerry Kill.

Count me as one being interested to see this development.

I think it was the Cal (football) game in 2009... I think I recall him catching a punt and being absolutely blasted to the point of being woozy and needing to be helped off the field. I always thought he should have concentrated on being a football player although he obviously had very good basketball skills. Seeing him get kicked off his current team, it makes me wonder how he would have survived on the Gopher football team with Jerry Kill.

Count me as one being interested to see this development.

You are correct. If you want to relive it I think the full game is on youtube.

FWIW....one of the comments after the story indicates he was arrested for Possession with Intent.

Lots of roster movement in that program.. yeesh.

yes there is, Bryant was the only remaining starter from last year and the only senior.

It will be interesting to see how they fair in the Missouri Valley against Wichita State and UNI with all the new recruits and no Seniors.

Top Bottom