Hosting a baseball Regional or Super Regional

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
I'm wondering what it takes to host a NCAA regional/super regional. Does it always go to the highest seed or are super regional sites preselected like NCAA basketball?

Obviously new Siebert can't host yet because it doesn't have lighting. I'm wondering if there are other requirements for hosting?

Has a regional been at Siebert before?

I'm wondering what it takes to host a NCAA regional/super regional. Does it always go to the highest seed or are super regional sites preselected like NCAA basketball?

Obviously new Siebert can't host yet because it doesn't have lighting. I'm wondering if there are other requirements for hosting?

Has a regional been at Siebert before?
Higher seeds get it in most cases. I'm not sure if Siebert has hosted one before but I do believe it has hosted a regional before.

Higher seeds get it in most cases. I'm not sure if Siebert has hosted one before but I do believe it has hosted a regional before.
Siebert has hosted a regional before. They Gophers hosted it in 2000.

64 teams get into the tournament, there are 16 regionals and all of the one seeds host. The super regionals are the top 16 with the top 8 teams remaining hosting and those winners go to Omaha where the college world series is double elimination

Also congrats to Indiana for repping the big ten and making the College World Series

Go Hoosiers. Was great to see them kick FSU's a*s.

The Big Ten really needed that. Can't hurt the perception (to match the reality) that it's an an improving baseball conference.

Go Hoosiers. Was great to see them kick FSU's a*s.

The Big Ten really needed that. Can't hurt the perception (to match the reality) that it's an an improving baseball conference.
First appearance for a Big Ten school since.......1984? Wow!

That is a long time.

Next step is for the Big Ten to get strong enough to secure 3-4 bids to the NCAA tourney in most seasons.

Really suprised to see both LSU and North Carolina lose their openers and now facing each other in a elimination game.

Hoping the national champion comes from outside the the ACC or SEC. Better chance of that happening now with Indiana and UCLA in the winner's brackets.

Went to the Indiana game tonight. That Oregon State lefty kept them tied up pretty good. I couldn't tell if the Indiana catcher would have had the guy out at the plate if he would have handled it cleanly. (They didn't show a replay on the screen.) Oh well, great they made it in.

Great season for IU, and I think the Hoosiers have a lot of key pieces returning, as will Michigan State, Nebraska, and Michigan, among others. Next season has a chance to be a breakthrough season for the Big Ten in terms of perhaps getting 3 teams into the NCAA Tournament.

Went to the Indiana game tonight. That Oregon State lefty kept them tied up pretty good. I couldn't tell if the Indiana catcher would have had the guy out at the plate if he would have handled it cleanly. (They didn't show a replay on the screen.) Oh well, great they made it in.

Was that your first CWS experience? If so, what did you think? Are you from Omaha or just visiting? I am going Monday to first game of the championship series.

Was watching the Stanley Cup game and didn't catch much of the Indiana game but was very suprised to see they were shutout. I think Mississippi State will get to the championship series and I still have a feeling that North Carolina will come back through and get to the championship series.

Was that your first CWS experience? If so, what did you think? Are you from Omaha or just visiting? I am going Monday to first game of the championship series.
Yep, first time Lincoln. I really enjoyed it, as did the other two people I went with, a guy from Tennessee and another from Virginia. Their first time also. Not from Omaha, been working in the area. Maybe my one issue is the wind blowing straight in from center field. Have a great time Monday. On a side note, huge Legion tourney going on this week also. Billed as the Battle of Omaha. Teams from about 15 states.

Yep, first time Lincoln. I really enjoyed it, as did the other two people I went with, a guy from Tennessee and another from Virginia. Their first time also. Not from Omaha, been working in the area. Maybe my one issue is the wind blowing straight in from center field. Have a great time Monday. On a side note, huge Legion tourney going on this week also. Billed as the Battle of Omaha. Teams from about 15 states.

That Legion tournament is yearly event. This will be my 12th straight year of getting in at least one game at the CWS. Truely a great baseball event. People will be amazed at how many fans will show up next year at the B1G tournament in Omaha.

I went 4 years ago, and the CWS lived up to its billing. A great event. It's very obvious the city of Omaha takes a great deal of pride in doing it right. Hope to go back soon.

Looks like it will come down to Mississippi State and UCLA, I'm taking Mississippi State to win it.

Top Bottom