Finally the Big 10 should be getting some respect...

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
With Michigan State throttling the #1 Louisville last weekend, and now Penn State shelling Notre Dame by 20 with 2 min left in the first half, after beating SEC "power" Florida last week at Florida. Wisconsin beating favored Florida State, Michigan beating favored Clemson, Purdue beating favored Washington to reach the Sweet 16, etc.

We've said all year..."our games our low scoring because the Big 10 plays defense, and smart, possession basketball."

ESPN and the rest of the talking heads laughed at us, saying it's terrible basketball and an "average" conference. Based on what our teams are doing to the "Best ever" Big East conference, not to mention the ACC and Big 12, you'd think we'll get some respect next year...but I doubt it.

Trivia question...when was the last time the big ten won the NCAA tourney and the NIT in the same year?

2 straight misses on the front ends of 1 and 1's...this is gonna be close at the end.

WOW, that was stupid and should do it (as long as they make their free throws).

Michigan State has been good in the past, and the BT still has gotten no respect. The Gophers are by far my favorite college basketball team, and therefore, come tourny time, I root for the BT. I am disappointed almost annually. Once I see better results, I will be able to confidently say that the BT is underrated. Until then, I can't complain about what they say since very little has been done to prove it wrong.

Overrating the ACC does not mean that they necessarily underrate the BT. The ACC has been better in the past (almost every year, it would seem). In the next few years, we should be able to change that (the BT in general).

Once I see better results, I will be able to confidently say that the BT is underrated. Until then, I can't complain about what they say since very little has been done to prove it wrong.

Overrating the ACC does not mean that they necessarily underrate the BT. The ACC has been better in the past (almost every year, it would seem). In the next few years, we should be able to change that (the BT in general).

what about the arguement that ACC has been more of a one horse league then the Big ten. I know you can go to the big ten ACC Challenge but look at the Final Fours (which i dont think is a big deal but the media does so i am using it) the ACC has only sent UNC (three times) since 05 while Big ten has sent Mich st. (twice). Illinois, and Ohio State and looking farther back in the years the two conferences are even matched when looked at final four runs. Granted last year big ten stunk but the way the media has ripped on big ten this year the media should be constantly apologizing as two teams who some say shouldnt have even been in the tourney knocked out two high ranked ACC Teams...But whether you agree with me or not i dont care, i think with the mass exodus next year in ACC and Big East the Big ten could get some respect finally

Top Bottom