The big three. Now what.

ski-u-mah

Reaction score
Hopefully this take is different enough I wont get hammered for another thread on them.

My question is if your feelings on not getting any of the three have changed over the last year. If you had asked me, or I am guessing many of you a year ago, we felt we needed at least one or two of them or it would be a disaster. As we are starting to get closer to decision time, it's starting to feel like maybe zero or one.

Has anything changed?

For me it has. It would be great to keep one or two of them, but not so concerned anymore if we get none of them. If we still had Tubby, I would be very concerned. But with the energy and recruiting I think we will get from Pitino, I am far less concerned.

Am I alone?

we felt we needed at least one or two of them or it would be a disaster. As we are starting to get closer to decision time, it's starting to feel like maybe zero or one.

As I've posted, too many people are obsessed with the with the 'Big Three'.

If you want to talk local prospects, focus on Reid, Vaughn, Coffey, Jarvis, Henry & Alex.

Edit: Probably should have added JP too.

Agree. I guess that's what I am saying. I am now far less obsessed.

If you want to talk local prospects, focus on Reid, Vaughn, Coffey, Jarvis, Henry & Alex.

Completely agree. Best of luck to any of the Minnesota recruits, wherever they end up. From everything I've seen, they are all smart kids. Minnesotans should not hate them for wanting to go away for school. That's the reason I ended up U, I wanted to get away from my home in Wisconsin (plus I have always hated the Badgers). I'll root for any of them as long as they are not on another B1G roster.

Pitino has all the skills and training to develop into a premier coach. I'm excited to see it happen!

I have much more trust in Ricco as a recruiter than I had in Tubby over the last few years. So, yeah, I am less worried about the big three.

Pitino wants them. He is concerned. We don't have to be concerned. You can win without them, but you can definitely win with them. Go get 'em Rich.

Top Bottom