Gophers may add walk-on Auburn transfer Nick Pellar to their roster for next season

I think* he played some with Alex Olah (Northwestern rising sophomore center).

You always need walk-ons to keep the team's GPA higher. One of the most important functions of the walk-ons...

I've never cared where scholly players come from I just want to win, but I always preferred walkons to be hometown boys. The NSIC and MIAC are good DII and III conferences I always thought we could find two guys that would otherwise star at those levels to fill the walkon spots, but with that said welcome aboard Peller

I've never cared where scholly players come from I just want to win, but I always preferred walkons to be hometown boys. The NSIC and MIAC are good DII and III conferences I always thought we could find two guys that would otherwise star at those levels to fill the walkon spots, but with that said welcome aboard Peller

It's not everyone's dream to sit on the bench at a division I program though. I'd personally rather go somewhere where I have a legit chance at regular playing time than somewhere I don't.

Ricco's system requires 15 guys practicing so they can practice with tempo...walk ons are very important for up tempo practices and most are like Asst coaches (since they tend to be smart) and help with drills.

It's not everyone's dream to sit on the bench at a division I program though. I'd personally rather go somewhere where I have a legit chance at regular playing time than somewhere I don't.

Bingo. Why would someone choose being a benchwarmer over being a star player?

Usually its the other way around, with benchwarmers at D1s deciding to transfer down to where they can be an impact player.

Bingo. Why would someone choose being a benchwarmer over being a star player?

Usually its the other way around, with benchwarmers at D1s deciding to transfer down to where they can be an impact player.

One possibility could be that a young man realizes that he has no future as a BB player beyond college but really wants to make the game his vocation. Why not get as close as you can to an up and coming lineage to study and learn?

One possibility could be that a young man realizes that he has no future as a BB player beyond college but really wants to make the game his vocation. Why not get as close as you can to an up and coming lineage to study and learn?

Or we could have the graduate school that he's looking for. Or the hot tail he's chasing is coming here. Or maybe he just wants to live in a high tax state. Who knows...

Or maybe he wants to go to college on scholarship rather than paying 4 years of college tuition to be a towel boy.

Yeesh, some harsh and I would say entirely unnecessary commentary. Rather than that, if he is coming, how about fans just welcome him to the team?

Yeesh, some harsh and I would say entirely unnecessary commentary. Rather than that, if he is coming, how about fans just welcome him to the team?

Yeah, no kidding. Glad to have him. If he wants to be here, I'm happy to root for him in whatever role he's in on my favorite team.

What a fri--in possitive, usefull, productive attitude you have.

Top Bottom