OT: Dan Monson to Washington State??

tjgopher

Reaction score
Dan Monson is apparently a candidate for the Washington State gig (Seattle newspaper says his name is in the mix). Remember he was born and raised in Spokane (about 70 miles from Wazoo) and obviously had great success there as a coach. Also, he went to college at Idaho (about 10 miles from Wazoo). He has connections all over the place there and remains well-liked and well-thought of. His work at LBSU may have rehabbed his reputation enough to get back into a power conference. Interesting. I'd wish him the best there.

He was offered and turned down the Washington job after he had been here for a few years. IIRC he was actually going to take the UW before the president convinced him to stay.

I hope he takes the job. It would be interesting to see if he can maintain a clean program. There were obviously some obstacles to taking over the mess that was Minnesota

I hope he gets it. He was over-matched here, doesn't mean he will be there. And he's fairly young and likely wouldn't look to jump from there, so they could do worse. I think it would make a nice non-conference addition for us too.

I like Monson and continue to pull for him, but he was overmatched here. It would be nice for him to get this opportunity, but I'm not sure why he would take it. He has proven to be successful at the mid-major level, and he admitted in an article posted here that he's happier at Long Beach State, with less scrutiny, pressure and pay (not his exact words). He's getting paid decent money with a team that he's turning around, and he should be financially set for life with the money he earned here.

I suppose it's easy to forget the hard times when a lot of money and the chance to get closer to home is thrown your way, but I hope he remembers. Same goes for Tubby.

Top Bottom