Mike Anderson staying at Mizzou

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
Good for the Tigers and Anderson. I've always thought they were a pretty good basketball school, didn't make sense to go to a lesser conference (Memphis) or a place they could care less about basketball (Georgia). That Kansas-Missouri rivalry should really heat up now that both coaches seem secure at their respective schools.

http://missouri.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=930538

Pretty interesting that he turned down over $2 mil/year at Georgia a few days ago to accept $1.2 mil/year at Mizzou. That's quite a difference in compensation for similar BCS conference schools.

I thought so too. Maybe he's just happy at Mizzou or maybe that job isn't so inviting.

Mizzou is a better job than Georgia. Better facilities, far better fan support, money is not a question and they do have some nice tradition. Norm Stewart was a favorite of mine growing up near the Bootheel. Watched a lot of Mizzou games in fact on tv. From what I understand Anderson would have left for the 'Bama job but wasn't offered. His time at UAB rubbed some influential people the wrong way.

Mizzou is a better job than Georgia. Better facilities, far better fan support, money is not a question and they do have some nice tradition. Norm Stewart was a favorite of mine growing up near the Bootheel. Watched a lot of Mizzou games in fact on tv. From what I understand Anderson would have left for the 'Bama job but wasn't offered. His time at UAB rubbed some influential people the wrong way.

I would guess that Missouri has a pretty good recruiting base with St Louis and Kansas City in the state.

Top Bottom