Tyus will not come here says his dad.

TheBarnyard

Reaction score
For what its worth, my dad talked to Tyus's dad and his dad said that Minnesota is not in his final three. I know its hard to believe but take it how you want to I think Tyus should just cross us off the list at this point. If it helps my dad played for the Gophers in the 80s (Tim Hanson). He played amateur ball with and against Tyus's dad many times. That is how they know each other.

If true, my money is on Duke, MSU, and Kentucky being his final 3.

For what its worth, my dad talked to Tyus's dad and his dad said that Minnesota is not in his final three. I know its hard to believe but take it how you want to I think Tyus should just cross us off the list at this point. If it helps my dad played for the Gophers in the 80s (Tim Hanson). He played amateur ball with and against Tyus's dad many times. That is how they know each other.

One of the Iron Five.

My money's on Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. With Tyus, Jahlil, and Justice Winslow all going to Duke.

It's been well known for sometime that Tyus wouldnt be considering coming to the U, but thanks for sharing your knowledge and info with us on GH! Confirmation never hurts.

There's a 'this just in' joke in here somewhere.

In any case, thanks for the skinny, young Mr. Hanson.

Thanks for the info.

As long as it's not MSU, I'll cheer for Tyus wherever he ends up. It might be tough if he's playing for Duke, but I can cheer for him and against his team.

Thanks for the info.

As long as it's not MSU, I'll cheer for Tyus wherever he ends up. It might be tough if he's playing for Duke, but I can cheer for him and against his team.

Not surprised, his interviews are never Minnesota warm and fuzzy.

What is a bit of a disconnect though, if he is a 'one and done' player, he doesn't get close to any real college experience like a four year player so why not play where fans would most appreciate him in Minnesota? Be a role model for younger Minnesota basketball players. Surely he looked up to one or two older Minnesota prep players over the years.

Is he going to get a higher draft pick playing for Duke?

What is a bit of a disconnect though, if he is a 'one and done' player, he doesn't get close to any real college experience like a four year player so why not play where fans would most appreciate him in Minnesota? Be a role model for younger Minnesota basketball players. Surely he looked up to one or two older Minnesota prep players over the years.

I don't think he is a one and done. No point guard successfully went from high school to the NBA draft. It takes a lot of maturity to play the point in the NBA and he will need at least 2 years.

I don't think he is a one and done. No point guard successfully went from high school to the NBA draft. It takes a lot of maturity to play the point in the NBA and he will need at least 2 years.

Kyrie Irving and Brandon Jennings disagree

He might want to go somewhere and win.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I know its hard to believe but take it how you want to I think Tyus should just cross us off the list at this point.

Not too hard to believe for me, but thanks for the info! I agree with you that he should trim his list and leave us off. The sooner the better IMO. I felt like our chances were slim to none even with the relationship with Tubby. It's difficult to make up ground on Izzo and Coach K in such a short time for Pitino.

It is what it is, it's probably best if both parties went their separate ways (and for all we know they could have already).

Are we talking 1 & dones or preps to pros or both? There have been plenty of PGs to play one year in college and make a good living in the NBA afterward. Preps to pros, can't think of any off the top of my head to have been super successful.

it would be pretty embarrasing if minnesota wasnt on his final list, also i kind of hope he goes to michigan state, i would root for them in the tourney if he went there, i would not root for him if he went to duke, i hate duke and all perennial non big ten powers way too much to root for him at duke, if it is wisconsin or iowa that we lose them to then i would go ballistic but i dont mind it as much if it is a big ten powerhouse like indiana or michigan state or ohio state in football, duke and notre dame in football would be the worst in my mind(kentucky too but for differentr reasons) to lose a guy to, if we lose tyus, reid to duke and jashon cornell to notre dame i dont know what i would do, and the best for me besides minnesota would be stanford for reid and northwestern for jashon cornell

it would be pretty embarrasing if minnesota wasnt on his final list, also i kind of hope he goes to michigan state, i would root for them in the tourney if he went there, i would not root for him if he went to duke, i hate duke and all perennial non big ten powers way too much to root for him at duke, if it is wisconsin or iowa that we lose them to then i would go ballistic but i dont mind it as much if it is a big ten powerhouse like indiana or michigan state or ohio state in football, duke and notre dame in football would be the worst in my mind(kentucky too but for differentr reasons) to lose a guy to, if we lose tyus, reid to duke and jashon cornell to notre dame i dont know what i would do, and the best for me besides minnesota would be stanford for reid and northwestern for jashon cornell

Who is Jashon Cornell? You don't mean Rashad Vaughn, do you?

I don't think it would. I could see if we didn't even make his top 10 or 15 list or something like that, but top 3 for a guy of his talent isn't embarrassing.

He might want to go somewhere and win.

If he was as good as everyone says he is, he WOULD win here. Other players would follow the top PG to Minnesota and Tyus could go down as a legend in his hometown. Now, he will be forgotten about (by me at least). All it shows is that his personality is more that of a follower than a leader. He probably watches American Idol and listens to Top 40.

If he was as good as everyone says he is, he WOULD win here. Other players would follow the top PG to Minnesota and Tyus could go down as a legend in his hometown. Now, he will be forgotten about (by me at least). All it shows is that his personality is more that of a follower than a leader. He probably watches American Idol and listens to Top 40.

Your comments come across as a bit childish. let it go

You can't fault the kid for going to a top level program as a payoff for years of hard work. I think it's great to see a local kid do well. I hope he continues to work hard and represent MN well.

I don't think it would. I could see if we didn't even make his top 10 or 15 list or something like that, but top 3 for a guy of his talent isn't embarrassing.

minnesota should always be on the final list of any homegrown minnesotan no matter how highly touted they are, even if they arent strongly considereing us it should still be on the final list

Loved watching your dad play. If I recall correctly he kicked his legs out when he shot.

and if tyus does want to win he would have just as good of a roster as anybody in the nation with tyus, andre hollins who would be a senior, rashad, reid travis, eliason who would be a senior and joe coleman whou would have been a senior, BTW coleman transferred AFTER i contemplated this roster and i just fell in love with how good the roster looked so i decided to do a what if situation if he would have stayed and not transfer how good the roster could have been in 2014, but that top 6 would have been just as impressive as anything duke could muster

Top Bottom