Calipari takes UK job

It would have been shocking had Cal stayed in Memphis. Memphis is not a great gig.

From the article:

On Monday afternoon, just when it appeared certain Calipari would accept Kentucky’s deal, he met with influential Memphians including William B. Dunavant, John Stokes and Paul Tudor Jones, according to a source. Later in the night, Fred Smith went to Calipari’s house for a meeting.

If Memphis wants to make a run at Tubby, we're going to have to deal with this asshole's fortune again?

It seems like Kentucky will be patient and understanding if it takes time for the transition to take hold. Oh wait-
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/11573816

It will be an entertaining ride to watch from afar. Not only the Coach Cal-Pitino annual battle, but the match ups against Tennessee and Bruce Pearl should be fun too. Word has it that these two huge egos don't like one another and now it's twice a year conference battles between the two programs. And if Cal doesn't start delivering Final Fours immediately, then it'll be really entertaining :clap:

Feel bad for my friend who lives outside of Memphis - they really loved Calipari. I wonder if he'll regret the decision at all - especially if he doesn't take them to the final four (which some are predicting) next year. Also wonder how they are going to like all the one and dones that Calipari seems to get. I think the image of Kentucky basketball is going to change dramatically within the next couple of years.

Wow, the people on catspause are monitoring flightaware...

Over the last day or so they were also watching a live stream of some door in Memphis that Calipari kept going in and out of.

Seriously our little board "meltdown" over Tubby doesn't hold a candle to those people. They are "special"

Over the last day or so they were also watching a live stream of some door in Memphis that Calipari kept going in and out of.

Seriously our little board "meltdown" over Tubby doesn't hold a candle to those people. They are "special"

"The Door" led to some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. World Wide Les is a new celebrity. Hope Cal can bring him to replace the Cutman.

Top Bottom