Sid Hartman: Pitino settles in after two months on Gophers job

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Pitino and his coaching staff have been able to work out the players a few times, but he said on that limited basis, it’s difficult to say who is best fitted for his style of play because the workouts were simply based on skill development.

“It wasn’t competitive. It wasn’t 5-on-5. It’s hard to tell how good they’re going to be right now because until you put guys in 5-on-5 situations — certain guys look good in workouts where other guys don’t,” Pitino said. “So it’s kind of hard to really speculate that right now. I’ll have a better feel when we can start playing 5-on-5.”

Pitino has also asked a number of players to work on their weight and conditioning, by either adding pounds, or shedding them.

“[Mo Walker] has already lost 20 pounds. Charles Buggs has already put on about 15 pounds. Those guys are committed to getting their body right,” Pitino said. “Elliott Eliason was doing really well. He’s over in Italy right now studying abroad. They’re all committed, they’ve all been great. It’s just a matter of our frontcourt more than our back court getting in shape.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/209607031.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

I hope our frontcourt doesn't become like last year's Illinois frontcourt with Tyler giffey and nnana egwu being three point shooters who lack strength and physicality

^^^ I would gladly take last year's Illinois season this coming year - not claiming that you were saying otherwise, but pointing out if our frontcourt is as good as theirs was, and our backcourt makes reasonable improvement - I'd love a return to the dance in 2014

Top Bottom