NBA combine measurements: Trevor, Colt, etc.

march madness

Reaction score
Trevor was 6' 6.76 inches in socks, 6'8" in shoes. He only weighed 235lbs which is a little lower than the star tribune showing him to be anywhere from 245 to 255 in a few articles. But maybe he lost wieght? He has a super impressive wing span of 7'4"! 5.9% body fat. 8'10.5" reach.

Colt was 6' 10.5" in socks, and 7' in shoes. This is why it is important to get people's heights with and without shoes. Colt has been listed at just 6'10" his whole career while most people get listed with their "in shoes" height. Anyways, 262 lbs with 9.6% body fat. 7'2" wingspan and a 9'2" reach.

Some notables:
Probable #1 pick Noel Nerlens was 6'10" is socks and 6'11.75" in shoes almost 7'. He was listed as just 6'10". His weight was just 206 though which made a few GM's take notice. He has a 7' 3.75" wingspan.
Nate Walters was 6'5" in shoes. Oladipo was a shade over 6'4".
Mason Plumlee was 7' as was Zeller. Both had realative short wingspans and reaches.
The article says some GM's were alarmed by Muhammed's height. I don't know why as he is listed at 6'6" and he was 6'6" in shoes??
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...t-measurements-noel-muhammad-concern-some-gms

Pretty crazy that Trevor has a bigger wing span considering the height difference.

Trevor's wingspan is pretty impressive. Possibly goes late in the 1st?

@nbastats: Former Golden Gopher Trevor Mbakwe unofficially runs the sprint in 3.32 secs, best among PF prospects #NBACombine http://t.co/IZoPgRUDM1

Go Gophers!!

Trevor was 6' 6.76 inches in socks, 6'8" in shoes. He only weighed 235lbs which is a little lower than the star tribune showing him to be anywhere from 245 to 255 in a few articles. But maybe he lost wieght? He has a super impressive wing span of 7'4"! 5.9% body fat. 8'10.5" reach.

Colt was 6' 10.5" in socks, and 7' in shoes. This is why it is important to get people's heights with and without shoes. Colt has been listed at just 6'10" his whole career while most people get listed with their "in shoes" height. Anyways, 262 lbs with 9.6% body fat. 7'2" wingspan and a 9'2" reach.

Some notables:
Probable #1 pick Noel Nerlens was 6'10" is socks and 6'11.75" in shoes almost 7'. He was listed as just 6'10". His weight was just 206 though which made a few GM's take notice. He has a 7' 3.75" wingspan.
Mason Plumlee was 7' as was Zeller. Both had realative short wingspans and reaches.
The article says some GM's were alarmed by Muhammed's height. I don't know why as he is listed at 6'6" and he was 6'6" in shoes??
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...t-measurements-noel-muhammad-concern-some-gms

There was this annoying announcer one game spouting off about how Trevor was probably only 6'-6" in shoes... guess not jackass.

With shoes, Elliot should probably be listed at 7'-1" & Austin 6'-6". Austin has grown since his freshman year, but it seems they just leave heights the same from year to year.

Colton's measurables were impressive. He'll stick in the league.

I remember 3 years ago when I was thinking that Colt 45 had a better shot at the NBA than Ralph. I think finally getting to play consistent minutes was huge for him. Do hope he gets a few inches on his vertical as it'll be hard for him to play in the NBA with a 20' vert

heights, weight, and other misc.

There was this annoying announcer one game spouting off about how Trevor was probably only 6'-6" in shoes... guess not jackass.

With shoes, Elliot should probably be listed at 7'-1" & Austin 6'-6". Austin has grown since his freshman year, but it seems they just leave heights the same from year to year.

It may have been against Duke that one announcer was talking about Trevor being 4-5 inches shorter than Plumlee listed at 6'10". Well Plumlee is not 6'10" he is 7', just as Trevor isn't 6'6" he is 6'8" in shoes for both.

I wouldn't Doubt Elliot being 7 something as he seemed to be an inch taller than Colt when they played together.

Trevor's 7 inch greater wingspan than his height could be close to a record. He is such an athlete you wonder about his football prospects if basketball doesnt work out? He will probably have a 40 inch vertical as well.

Are the NBA scouts missing on Tim Hardaway jr? He isn't a super athlete but he is very skilled shooter and scorer. Predicted in the very late first or second round.

I remember 3 years ago when I was thinking that Colt 45 had a better shot at the NBA than Ralph.

I believed that as well, with his toughness, strength, defense, rebounding and knowing he had to grow into his body and get better touch around the basket. But if you would say Colt deserved more playing time or had more potential than Ralph posters would go attack mode.

I believed that as well, with his toughness, strength, defense, rebounding and knowing he had to grow into his body and get better touch around the basket. But if you would say Colt deserved more playing time or had more potential than Ralph posters would go attack mode.

Agreed. I personally think it was a combination of politics and racism on Tubby's behalf.

I hate Hardaway's shot selection. He seems like a better shooting version of Wesley Johnson. He takes way too many unnecessary deep jumpers.

It may have been against Duke that one announcer was talking about Trevor being 4-5 inches shorter than Plumlee listed at 6'10". Well Plumlee is not 6'10" he is 7', just as Trevor isn't 6'6" he is 6'8" in shoes for both.

I wouldn't Doubt Elliot being 7 something as he seemed to be an inch taller than Colt when they played together.

Trevor's 7 inch greater wingspan than his height could be close to a record. He is such an athlete you wonder about his football prospects if basketball doesnt work out? He will probably have a 40 inch vertical as well.

Are the NBA scouts missing on Tim Hardaway jr? He isn't a super athlete but he is very skilled shooter and scorer. Predicted in the very late first or second round.

It may have been said then too, but this game was very late in the season.

I remember 3 years ago when I was thinking that Colt 45 had a better shot at the NBA than Ralph. I think finally getting to play consistent minutes was huge for him. Do hope he gets a few inches on his vertical as it'll be hard for him to play in the NBA with a 20' vert

+1 Ole. Bigs develop later. This is the reason I've said that Elliot could well end up in the league by the time he's done.

I don't know, Elliot has never looked as agile or coordinated as Colt looked as a frosh. Colt moved pretty well

I don't know, Elliot has never looked as agile or coordinated as Colt looked as a frosh. Colt moved pretty well

Are we thinking of the same Colt? I understand that EE has a ton of work to do on his gracefulness, but I don't think I would ever use the word "agile" to describe Colt45.

EE and Colt

Are we thinking of the same Colt? I understand that EE has a ton of work to do on his gracefulness, but I don't think I would ever use the word "agile" to describe Colt45.

I think Colt was stronger in the lower body especially so he didn't get bumped out of the way LIke EE did. Elliot appears quicker even though neither are fast. Let's hope EE works in the weight room and on his game as much as Colt did.

I think Colt was stronger in the lower body especially so he didn't get bumped out of the way LIke EE did. Elliot appears quicker even though neither are fast. Let's hope EE works in the weight room and on his game as much as Colt did.

FWIW- I think Colt was already a big dude when he got here.. B1G ready body.. so its not like he came in skinny and had to put on tons of weight.. thats the main difference with Elliot that I see..

Some notables:

Muhammed is slipping because he's he isn't athletic. Someone got into an argument with me a few weeks ago saying Muhammed is a good athlete, and he deserves to be a high draft pick. Muhammed didn't test well at all. I find it hilarious for people to argue that Muhammed is a good athlete when he finished below average with his peers. If he is graded among his peers, he is a below average athlete. He is only a good athlete when compared to you or me.

Also, Muhammed did horrible in the shooting drills. It wouldn't surprised me if he slipped out of the lottery. He doesn't deserve to be selected in it.

Colt wasn't David Robinson out there but he at least didn't look like he was going to fall over every time down the court like EE

Top Bottom