Guys Who Transfer Aren't As Good As Good As They Thought.

I do not agree with this title; that's quite unfair.

Total BS. A kid came in as a diva, is finding out that he isn't? So transfer somewhere where he can be a diva. These types of kids aren't team players, they are "me" players. They are also a dime a dozen.

Total BS. A kid came in as a diva, is finding out that he isn't? So transfer somewhere where he can be a diva. These types of kids aren't team players, they are "me" players. They are also a dime a dozen.

Where are you reading that he is a diva? I haven't followed this kid besides recently looking at this article and his Rivals page. It says he wants to play closer to home. Yeah, what a %$^&ing diva! Plus it's not like he was a highly-recruited "self-righteous" kid... look at his offers.

Where are you reading that he is a diva? I haven't followed this kid besides recently looking at this article and his Rivals page. It says he wants to play closer to home. Yeah, what a %$^&ing diva! Plus it's not like he was a highly-recruited "self-righteous" kid... look at his offers.

All I said, bieberhole, was if he is gonna be a diva, move on. We don't need divas who as players give the ultimatums. We need players who will prove their worth. Can Joe do that? That was my challenge to him.

All I said, bieberhole, was if he is gonna be a diva, move on. We don't need divas who as players give the ultimatums. We need players who will prove their worth. Can Joe do that? That was my challenge to him.

He's a diva because he might transfer? Take the homer glasses off for a second Don.

He's a diva because he might transfer? Take the homer glasses off for a second Don.

If you even read the OP, it was not about Joe...It was an Iowa Sophomore who reached his level, and found out there are lots better than he. Homer glasses have nothing to do with it, unless a beer comes with it.

If you even read the OP, it was not about Joe...It was an Iowa Sophomore who reached his level, and found out there are lots better than he. Homer glasses have nothing to do with it, unless a beer comes with it.

I know who it's about he wasn't going to play next year so what's wrong with transferring?

Your thread title is quite negative, and generalizes, implying that any and all guys that transfer are doing so for those reasons. You have to know that's not true. It is true in some cases, sure, but what about this particular case (or others being discussed) make you jump to that conclusion?

Whata ya gonna do Doc?

These kids. Ya buy em books. Ya send em to school. And whata they do?

F@#% the teacher!!

You're better than this, Don. This is the whiskey talking. Joe's been nothing but a hard working player we've liked to watch.

You're better than this, Don. This is the whiskey talking. Joe's been nothing but a hard working player we've liked to watch.

Whisky...this is Minogg talking! Maybe Doc is Minogg??

Can't be a diva with a sub-standard skill set unless you transfer to a non-BCS school! Maybe that is the plan

If the kid realizes he isn't going to get playing time, what the hell is wrong with wanting to go somewhere where he can get on the court? That makes him a diva? Pretty harsh and uncalled for considering you're making negative assumptions. You think everyone should be like Isaiah Dalman? How is taking up a scholarship to barely contribute being a team player anyway? If anything, it hurts the team.

How is taking up a scholarship to barely contribute being a team player anyway? If anything, it hurts the team.

Not a great idea to use Dahlman as an example for your point here. In very rare circumstances (like Dahlman and Mich St.) he actually contributed (although not on the court). But I get your point.

Painting a pretty broad brush there, Doc.

Not all transfers are created equal. Some are head-cases, some are not.

Until or unless we hear directly from Coleman, we don't what the circumstances are surrounding his (potential) transfer.

Doc....can you explain this thread again?

Coleman didn't buy into the program and decided to transfer. Pitino was a straight shooter with him; what more do you want?

Rychart had Monson tell him that he wouldn't play for him and he stuck around to prove him wrong. Coleman chose to move on. Best of luck to Joe.

Why is Dahlman not a good example for my point? You think he contributed more than an average Izzo recruit? You think the team was better off having him than bringing in a new guy? I still don't see how Dahlman giving up his scholarship to a better player wouldn't help the team.

Not a great idea to use Dahlman as an example for your point here. In very rare circumstances (like Dahlman and Mich St.) he actually contributed (although not on the court). But I get your point.

Why is Dahlman not a good example for my point? You think he contributed more than an average Izzo recruit? You think the team was better off having him than bringing in a new guy? I still don't see how Dahlman giving up his scholarship to a better player wouldn't help the team.

Dahlman surprisingly brought a lot to the table and was well respected by Izzo and his teammates. Instead of wasting away on the bench, he became a high energy player-coach that others fed of off. While he wasn't helping the team on the court, he sure as hell probably contributed more to the team than a kid getting ~8mpg scoring 2.0ppg. Not sure if he was worth a full scholarship for that, but I'm saying that he made the most out of it.

Top Bottom