Deuce Bello Available

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
From ESPN:

Baylor guard Deuce Bello has asked for his release and will transfer, sources told ESPN.com on Monday.

Bello averaged 2.4 points and 1.4 rebounds as a sophomore in 2012-13, when he was primarily used as a defensive stopper off the bench. His chances at increased playing time next season appeared slim, with Baylor returning the crux of its team while adding guards Kenny Chery, Ishmail Wainright and Al Freeman.

The 6-foot-4 Bello was the 54th-ranked player in the Class of 2011 by ESPN.com. He signed with Baylor along with high school teammate Quincy Miller, who was ranked No. 7. Miller left after one season to enter the NBA draft.

Although he has yet to reach his potential on the court, Bello is still a nationally known name because of his freakish athleticism and ability to produce highlight reel dunks. In fact, when Bello was a high school senior, Dime magazine rated him as the 19th-best dunker in the world.

Bello's future destination is unknown. He also considered Louisville, Florida State, Wake Forest and Oklahoma out of high school.

His athleticism might fit our system well, but I can't see Pitino adding anyone that's not a PF/C.

His athleticism might fit our system well, but I can't see Pitino adding anyone that's not a PF/C.

Agree to a certain extent. We offered Malik Smith (allegedly), so if he decides to go elsewhere I would give this kid a look. But if we are offering Smith, I can only imagine Pitino has a big man in mind.

However, I would prefer to just bank this scholarship and let Pitino bring in a non-spring recruit next year, then send a scholarship this kids way.

In other words I disagree with your reasoning, but I don't want this kid either.

Figured I could just post this here, but looks like Baylor is losing another guard. This one a higher rated recruit and could land potential Gophers interest possibly.

Jason King (@JasonKingESPN)
5/14/13, 6:50 PM
Source: Baylor G Rose transferring from school espn.go.com/mens-college-b…

Top Bottom