Michael Rand: Villa 7 is one of us now

BleedGopher

Reaction score
This year’s event — invitation-only — features a new wrinkle: the inclusion of senior woman administrators from around the country. Ellis estimated about 25 women with that designation in various athletic departments are attending this year, including Minnesota’s Beth Goetz, recently hired away from Butler in part because of recommendations from Villa 7 alums.

“We wanted to do two things,” Ellis said. “Expose them to this next wave of [coaching] talent and also allow them the opportunity to access the professional development we do here.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/206877551.html

Go Gophers!!

Mike, how we doing on the practice facility? We've been kind of promising people around here for the last six years or so, and even collected some money. Any way you and Beth could take a look into that for us?

This Villa 7 stuff appears to be a nice little side business for AD Teague and Mike Ellis.

These asst. coaches and administrators from all over the country pay some sort of registration fee (or at least their current school does) for the event and I guarantee they get several sponsors (Nike, Adidas, etc.) that plunk down $$$ to get close to these future head coaches and give them a pitch or 2.

If Teague does it right, he's making a nice little profit. Brilliant!

This Villa 7 stuff appears to be a nice little side business for AD Teague and Mike Ellis.

These asst. coaches and administrators from all over the country pay some sort of registration fee (or at least their current school does) for the event and I guarantee they get several sponsors (Nike, Adidas, etc.) that plunk down $$$ to get close to these future head coaches and give them a pitch or 2.

If Teague does it right, he's making a nice little profit. Brilliant!

I would guess it is a very elite, aggressive, select group of people networking. Seems to be pretty common in today's business culture.

I would guess it is a very elite, aggressive, select group of people networking. Seems to be pretty common in today's business culture.

Exactly. The company I work for participates in stuff like this all of the time. In fact, we host an event like this every year and we make money from it because of sponsors.

Top Bottom