If He's Going To Bolt, This Year Might Be Best

akgopher

Reaction score
What makes Tubby's potential to leave in the near future worse is that he's got us in a pinch because Flip will be off the market after this summer.

I may be in denial

What makes Tubby's potential to leave in the near future worse is that he's got us in a pinch because Flip will be off the market after this summer.

but I think if Tubby didn't take the UVA job he's going to be here awhile. Do I think he thought about it - yes. Do I think he might have chatted a bit with a third party - maybe.

I think it's the same situation that any of us would be in who currently like/love our job but your supposed "dream" job comes along. You have to think about it, consider it, heck even interview but in the end you realize that your "dream" job may be the one you have.

To be honest I think the only job that could really pull him away the next couple of years is Maryland.

Something is not right

if Virgina can be categorized as a "dream job." As others have indicated, if it's like this with Virginia, what in the world will it be like when the "dream" is something far more attractive, whether it's Maryland, Arizona, or Highpoint.

if Virgina can be categorized as a "dream job." As others have indicated, if it's like this with Virginia, what in the world will it be like when the "dream" is something far more attractive, whether it's Maryland, Arizona, or Highpoint.

I think the "dream" here was being closer to family - not necessarily the job

Do we have a booster group that can help get more salary for Tubby?

Did Tubby or anyone close to him ever describe Virginia as a "dream" job?? I don't seem to remember that being said by anybody. If it was, let me know. Otherwise, this is just another rumor.

I had the same thought. However, if he doesn't go to Arizona (assuming it's ofered), he will have passed up the two types of jobs that would tempt him going 'home' or upgrading back to a higher level job. I wouldn't think there would be many other jobs out there to tempt him if those two didn't do it, except...Maryland. That's the one job out there that I think will always be a threat. Hopefully they have a good year next year and Gary Williams re-cements himself as a lifer.

I disagree. I think the longer he stays and the more he wins the better this job will look to other coaches. We won't look 2nd tier if he leaves for a job like Maryland b/c people we'll see it as a job he can't pass up due to his history.

Top Bottom