Nebraska's 1st season in new arena a sellout

What else is there to sell out in the middle of winter at Lincoln?

Twins and Gopher Football team sold out their inaugural seasons also. Win or the novelty runs out.

Very cool... Great work miles is doing with nebraska must be getting some of that football money.

Twins and Gopher Football team sold out their inaugural seasons also. Win or the novelty runs out.
True for the gophers, but the twins still draw pretty well, now that the snow is gone they'll get some good crowds. Nebrasketball is entering the territory gopher football was in 09

True for the gophers, but the twins still draw pretty well, now that the snow is gone they'll get some good crowds. Nebrasketball is entering the territory gopher football was in 09

Twins average attendance dropped around 13% last year. So far this year it has dropped significantly further, it definitely has some to do with the weather, but a winning team would draw much better.

Congrats to Tim Miles, coming to Nebraska, and filling a new Arena. Now, watch as Richard Pitino fills Williams Arena. No comparison.

The Barn versus Husker Arena? Duh.

If the Gophers play on a weekend in NE, I just may have to go down and check out the new arena.

Twins average attendance dropped around 13% last year. So far this year it has dropped significantly further, it definitely has some to do with the weather, but a winning team would draw much better.

True, but it's not like Target field is a morgue they're just not selling out like they did the first two years. TCF on the other hand well........ Agreed winning does solve everything, unless you're the Tampa bay Rays

Congrats to Tim Miles, coming to Nebraska, and filling a new Arena. Now, watch as Richard Pitino fills Williams Arena. No comparison.

The Barn versus Husker Arena? Duh.
I'd go with Pinnacle Bank Arena. That place will be state-of-the-art.

I'd go with Pinnacle Bank Arena. That place will be state-of-the-art.

I'm sure the Gopher players would echo your sentiment. Did you see the slide show of the arena? WOW, the amenities are amazing. Each players locker is equipped with a sound system, video screen, docking station, etc. Not to mention the sauna, hot tub, etc. (and no rats like Williams arena). As other GH posters have noted, us old-timers think Williams arena is neat and cool, but an 18 yr old kid would look at it and not be impressed at all compared to what Nebraska now has. (just my two cents)

I'm sure the Gopher players would echo your sentiment. Did you see the slide show of the arena? WOW, the amenities are amazing. Each players locker is equipped with a sound system, video screen, docking station, etc. Not to mention the sauna, hot tub, etc. (and no rats like Williams arena). As other GH posters have noted, us old-timers think Williams arena is neat and cool, but an 18 yr old kid would look at it and not be impressed at all compared to what Nebraska now has. (just my two cents)

Kind of like having one of the biggest football locker rooms in the NCAA shaped like a giant football? How could recruits pass that up?

Nebraska is on to something! We should TOTALLY move to an off-campus stadium that's owned by the city!

Kind of like having one of the biggest football locker rooms in the NCAA shaped like a giant football? How could recruits pass that up?

I have no idea myself, but do you think 10 years from now, the Gophers will be playing in the Williams arena as we know it, or will they be playing in a remodeled Williams, or will they be playing in a totally new arena built from scratch?

I have no idea myself, but do you think 10 years from now, the Gophers will be playing in the Williams arena as we know it, or will they be playing in a remodeled Williams, or will they be playing in a totally new arena built from scratch?

10 years? I'd say we are just wrapping up a major remodel.

10 years? I'd say we are just wrapping up a major remodel.

I wonder about that. Is there only so much you can do with Williams arena in a major remodel to get it up to speed with other arenas? I thought I read somewhere that it is kind of landlocked (sandwiched between University and 4th) and it would be hard to do the remodel justice.

Top Bottom