So do we hate or support UVa now?

cncmin

Reaction score
Do they deserve any respect from us and for us to retain civility?

Something in me holds a bit of animosity to them for thinking they were so much better than us.

The elitists over there even got a decent coach, though by their message board meltdown you'd think otherwise!

Well, C-Ville is in a beautiful area of the country - especially in autumn, and I'm sure I'll be staying at a B&B there sometime again; even after all this.

Virginia

Why hate Virginia? Who could blame them for wanting Tubby? UV is alot like us, trying to get the program rebuilt so they can compete with and beat the top tier in their conference and make a run in the tourney. No reason to take internet jibber-jabber personally.

If we are going to send a negative vibe lets send it to Duke and NC for being so damn special. Lets send it to Coach K for getting Seth Curry.

UV? Heck I wish them well, until they play us.

I hated them when they tried to pawn Terry Holland off on us, but I finally got over that in about 2005.

They are kind of in the same situaton we were in a few years back. I can't fault them for wanting Tubby, as they aren't unique in that desire.

Best of luck to them...if nothing else, it's nice to have a new team to have a connection with.

Go Gophers!!

Why hate them?

Face it - we would have been the exact same way if we would have had any inkling of Tubby coming here. Things were said in the heat of battle but to be honest I don't hate them. Hate their board but don't hate them.

I hope Bennett and UVA do well - except when they play us.

Now if this had been Wisky going after Tubby - WAY different story:D

Maybe Bennett thrives there and replaces Tubby when he retires.

another gem

you have to hand it to the posters at the sabre, they have some good humor...

Subject: Remember that time that we were tracking that flight from St Paul?
Posted by: BocoHoo on Mon Mar 30 2009 9:11:37 PM
I was so excited I wanted to run laps around the office. We're such
idiots.

hate 'em ? Heck no. They are like us. Hoops fans :clap: :clap: :clap:

you have to hand it to the posters at the sabre, they have some good humor...

Subject: Remember that time that we were tracking that flight from St Paul?
Posted by: BocoHoo on Mon Mar 30 2009 9:11:37 PM
I was so excited I wanted to run laps around the office. We're such
idiots.

hate 'em ? Heck no. They are like us. Hoops fans :clap: :clap: :clap:

Except for the guys over there who are way too serious, they certainly do have some comedians!

Pot...meet kettle!

Do they deserve any respect from us and for us to retain civility?

Something in me holds a bit of animosity to them for thinking they were so much better than us.

The elitists over there even got a decent coach, though by their message board meltdown you'd think otherwise!

Well, C-Ville is in a beautiful area of the country - especially in autumn, and I'm sure I'll be staying at a B&B there sometime again; even after all this.

For someone who has taken it upon himself to trash UVa people for being "elitist", you sure have been quite the "elitist" yourself the past three weeks! Pot...meet kettle! You're hilarious! :D

For someone who has taken it upon himself to trash UVa people for being "elitist", you sure have been quite the "elitist" yourself the past three weeks! Pot...meet kettle! You're hilarious! :D

Hells yeah! I'm better than all of them, Nova, don't you forget it.

You know, just cause I smell a fart doesn't mean that I did it.

I couldn't care less about Virginia. So I neither support nor hate the 'Hoos, isn't that great?

I'm with Ski U Master -- don't hate 'em, don't love 'em, they're in the recent history.

But it is in a pretty area and has strong connections with Thos. Jefferson who I generally admire.

Support 'em absolutely. They are the enemy of Duke & NC.

Virginia is still a member of the ACC. We hate the ACC, don't we?

I have to live here, so I have no hard feelings over this. Maybe a few people here have learned Minnesota is not actually like the polar ice cap. Or maybe they're more convinced of that then ever. Anyway, once they have a couple days to get over it, they'll be happy with TB.

Virginia...wasn't that the name of a girl in a song by some rock band a while back?? Train maybe??

You mean they are actually a whole state? How about that!!!!

Their folks got excited on their boards, just as we get excited on ours. I thought the UVa folks that posted here were pretty classy -- much more so than some of the riff raff that shows up.

Best of luck, UVa. Bennett will turn out to be a nice hire for you.

Through all this, i've grown to enjoy the message board they have in the Sabre, many very good and passionate posters over there. Virginia is one of those teams I found myself rooting for every game after we beat them last year to try and make our victory look more impressive, and in the process found out on many nights I could pick up their radio feed in Youngstown so when their was no Gophers action going on...found myself listening to them at work and rooting for them. I went over their and gave them a congratulations on a great hire, told them to sweep Duke next year, and let's try and meet up again next year in the Sweet 16 :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le1VCtnOgrw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le1VCtnOgrw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Insert "Virginia" for "Mr. Garrison." That's how I feel :D

I second Cartman's ball sucking comment.

And I still don't understand why UVA didn't go after John Wooden. They could've shown him their shiny new arena and I'm sure he would've jumped at the chance to coach there.

Top Bottom