Jeff Goodman: Rodeny 8th best SF in Draft; Trevor 14th best PF in Draft

If you remove the international players from the list he has Rodney as the 4th best small forward in college basketball available for the draft.

I will be somewhat shocked if Rodney is drafted. I think Trevor gets drafted though it will be the 2nd half of the 2nd round.

Trevor may get drafted. Rodney will not get drafted. If Trevor gets drafted, it won't happen until the end of round two.

Must be the weakest SF draft ever for Rodney to be 8th best; the guy wont ever be making any sort of impact in the league whatsoever. Mbakwe I could see sticking around the league, but not Rodney.

Must be the weakest SF draft ever for Rodney to be 8th best; the guy wont ever be making any sort of impact in the league whatsoever. Mbakwe I could see sticking around the league, but not Rodney.

I think your suspicions are correct. Shabazz Muhammed is highly ranked, and I wouldn't draft him until round two. He hogs the ball, cannot shoot off the dribble, is remarkably unathletic, pudgy, laterally slow, and has a terrible WARP. I am amazed some people have him in the lottery let alone round one.

I think your suspicions are correct. Shabazz Muhammed is highly ranked, and I wouldn't draft him until round two. He hogs the ball, cannot shoot off the dribble, is remarkably unathletic, pudgy, laterally slow, and has a terrible WARP. I am amazed some people have him in the lottery let alone round one.

This statement is remarkably inaccurate.

A few other interesting tidbits from this list, Nate Wolters is ranked #10 at PG, at center Mike Muscala is #9 and Colton is #11.

I didn't see any of those dunks in the first round of the NCAA this year!

Seriously, the guy does have high end NBA talent, but he comes off as lazy at times on the court.

Too bad Pitino wasn't with the team last year. Rodney may have been much more productive under his style Of play?

This statement is remarkably inaccurate.

No. Not even close. He can jump a little, not a lot. He is neither quick nor fast. Scouts say he isn't a great athlete. ESPN says he isn't a good athlete. I watched him. He isn't a good athlete, not by NBA standards.

No. Not even close. He can jump a little, not a lot. He is neither quick nor fast. Scouts say he isn't a great athlete. ESPN says he isn't a good athlete. I watched him. He isn't a good athlete, not by NBA standards.

"Not an elite athlete" does not equate to remarkably unathletic. You're the only person to call him that.

This draft is absolutely horrendous. Watch the Wolves finally move up this year now that it's worthless. Once Oladipo's stock got so high I stopped caring about who we might get.

Shabazz is strong, just a freshman (KEY point... although he may be 42 years old).. his offensive rating was good for a freshman (and roughly the same as Rodney's and Trevor's), but his usage was very high. He's got some unique offensive skills.

Only about 6'5", but very nice wingspan. A couple inches taller and he's an even better prospect, but should be a lottery guy in June.

There are concerns with him.. but a unique player.

Shabazz is strong, just a freshman (KEY point... although he may be 42 years old).. his offensive rating was good for a freshman (and roughly the same as Rodney's and Trevor's), but his usage was very high. He's got some unique offensive skills.

Only about 6'5", but very nice wingspan. A couple inches taller and he's an even better prospect, but should be a lottery guy in June.

There are concerns with him.. but a unique player.

The problem with what you said is his offensive rating. He should be evaluated as a sophomore, not as a freshman. One year of development is a lot for people around his age. This is partially why people have soured on him. Plus, his WARP is between 50-55, putting him deeply in the second round.

If he didn't have all the hype, media attention, and name notoriety from high school, I doubt he'd be anything but a fringe first round player.

He's also a classic tweener. He's too slow to play the 2 and too small to play the 3. He should get drafted, but I don't know what people see in him. His advanced metrics certainly don't warrant him being selected in the lottery pick.

If he didn't have all the hype, media attention, and name notoriety from high school, I doubt he'd be anything but a fringe first round player.

He's also a classic tweener. He's too slow to play the 2 and too small to play the 3. He should get drafted, but I don't know what people see in him. His advanced metrics certainly don't warrant him being selected in the lottery pick.

I do. Should be lottery. Guess we'll see soon enough.

It is a relatively weak draft year. Muhammed will go anywhere from 6 to 14. Listed at 6'6"225 so similar to Paul Pierce, Wes Matthews, or James Harden who are not super athletes either, Muhammed has a 6'11" wingspan. Is a bit selfish, but he can get to the basket, and he is a 40% 3pt shooter. The ability to score is the number one priority in the NBA. I agree he doesn't make anyone better, he rarely gets an assist, and he didn't bring it on defense. I also think UCLA was just a disaster chemistry wise so it highlighted a one and done mentallity from Muhammed.

I think Shabazz will be a good NBA player. He is a good shooter, he even gets to the free throw line a bit and he's athletic enough to guard 2's and 3's.

The NBA is full of these kinds of players who do really well (Dudley, Leonard, Afflalo, etc.). There was a pretty good article on Grantland (via the four letter network) about these exact kinds of players. Shabazz fits that mold, but he is probably a tad more skilled and athletic.

Apparently that's where you think he should go, but that's absolutely incorrect based on what we see from drafts. He's a better prospect than you think. I would love to see your list of 25-30 guys who are better prospects. He's projected to go around 10 in the worst draft in a very long time. You think he's really that undeserving? I don't like his intangibles (especially his attitude), but he's got good size and shooting ability and he's a scorer (though somewhat of a volume shooter). I think people overestimate what's expected of late lottery picks. Very few of them stand out in the NBA.

Apparently that's where you think he should go, but that's absolutely incorrect based on what we see from drafts. He's a better prospect than you think. I would love to see your list of 25-30 guys who are better prospects. He's projected to go around 10 in the worst draft in a very long time. You think he's really that undeserving? I don't like his intangibles (especially his attitude), but he's got good size and shooting ability and he's a scorer (though somewhat of a volume shooter). I think people overestimate what's expected of late lottery picks. Very few of them stand out in the NBA.

10 as of now. I think he drops. I don't expect much from late lottery, a rotation player. I expect him to be a bench player at best.

Five yrs. from now I'll bet you Rodney won't have 1 yr of games in the League. Hope T-wolves stay away.

Top Bottom