BTN's Yarina: My way-too-early 2013-14 All-Big Ten teams (Andre Hollins 3rd Team)

My first thought looking at his selections was LaQuinton Ross at worst will be 2nd team. He's gonna' be a stud. Ross, Payne and McGary easily were the most improved players the second half of last season. Went from solid contributors to star potential in the blink of an eye. I'd put Ross on the 1st team, probably in place of Frazier (tough to come back the same player after an Achilles injury) or Craft (unless he develops that ugly jump shot).

I just don't see McGary being first team anything. He was mediocre just about all season had a few "decent" games then had a few very good ones in the tournament. Payne was the 3rd or 4th option on most plays for MSU and put up better numbers and played better defense. It'll be very interesting to see what Gramps can do without burke around drawing everyones attention.

I just don't see McGary being first team anything. He was mediocre just about all season had a few "decent" games then had a few very good ones in the tournament. Payne was the 3rd or 4th option on most plays for MSU and put up better numbers and played better defense. It'll be very interesting to see what Gramps can do without burke around drawing everyones attention.

McGary was a freshman. Like many freshmen, he took some time to adjust to the college level. The good performances weren't flukes. He's a very talented player.

Oh Brent Yarina, we're still talking about this guy? He's the WEBMASTER (of a particularly poor website: BTN.com) Why they're letting him pretend to be an analyst, well, I couldn't tell ya.

He's in love with Penn State and Drew Crawford if you didn't notice.

If I had to choose between Chambers finishing last or winning coach of the year, I'd go with finishing last.

McGary was a freshman. Like many freshmen, he took some time to adjust to the college level. The good performances weren't flukes. He's a very talented player.

Mcgary, the "freshman" is only a few months younger than Keith Appling our junior PG. He started playing a bit like the junior he should be. I'm not sold on him being a great talent. His jumper is suspect and I think he got most of if not all of his points off either garbage buckets (nothing wrong there) or due to the fact that Burke drew so much attention. I'm just not sold on him. I could be wrong. He'll have a great chance next season to show how good he really is or isn't. That's the great thing about preseason stuff, guys have to play the games.

"That's the great thing about preseason stuff, guys have to play the games. "

Anything about next year is "way too early", so I will just read what the talking heads have to say and get continually concussed from numerous smh's.

Top Bottom