Video 1996-97 MN Gophers Music Montage

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Some awesome memories - though I now remember how cheesy the song they used was!!

Go Gophers!!

This guy also posted the entire VHS tape:

Go Gophers!!

That song on the first video.....my word haha

Also cue the obligatory "This never happened, why are we celebrating it" mantra. :)

I still own the VHS Tape of the Golden Season, long after I no longer own a VCR!! I think the Golden Season VHS is the only video I played more than Hoosiers movie or Michael Jordan's "Come Fly With Me" classic VHS tape from back in the day.

Go Gophers!!

I still own the VHS Tape of the Golden Season, long after I no longer own a VCR!! I think the Golden Season VHS is the only video I played more than Hoosiers movie or Michael Jordan's "Come Fly With Me" classic VHS tape from back in the day.

Go Gophers!!

Haha, Come Fly With Me and Air Time....I wore those out

Go Gophers!!

I watched it a few times but not many. At first it was because I was still sore from the national semifinal loss, and it was difficult to watch without thinking about how it ended. After that, I didn't watch it because of the discovery of cheating, so it took a lot of the sweetness away. But now that you bring it up, I think it's been long enough. It's time for a viewing again.

I just want video of the last 3 minutes plus OT of the indiana game before I die.

Couldn't help but notice there was one clip of Russ Archambault. In hindsight maybe that should be excluded!

Great memories. Not proud that it brought much so much shame to our state university, but wonderful memories nonetheless.

It (another Final 4) will happen again someday, I'm sure of it. Just hope I'm around to see it.

I have the Indiana game on tape. I'll try and get it off onto my computer.

I remember that year so well. One of the greatest sporting memories of my life, that whole season, especially since it came at the height of my sporting fandom.

Watching that, I forgot just how good Sam Jacobson was for us that year. He and Bobby Jackson had some really special games. The one thing that stands out is how much depth at every position we had and how many different guys could contribute from night to night. I remember being so pumped that we'd be as good the next year because Sam and Charles Thomas and Quincy would all be back. And we were good, but we didn't have Bobby Jackson as glue. I'm not mad about the stupid scandal anymore because I just appreciate the basketball I got to see that entire year. And I'll never give that back...

I remember my parents taking me to that pep rally. I was four years old.

1) Such awful writing; like a combo effort between Bremer & Vacation Joe Schmidt
2) Wondering which athlete is going to bring back "Raise the Roof"....

1) Such awful writing; like a combo effort between Bremer & Vacation Joe Schmidt
2) Wondering which athlete is going to bring back "Raise the Roof"....
Austin Hollins brought it back this year

Awesome video. Terrible, terrible song. My God.

I always wondered if that team could have gone all the way if Harris had been healthy, they were fun to watch. Thanks for posting the videos Bleed

Minnesota was the best team left in the tournament after Kansas lost.

If Harris hadn't gotten hurt, who knows if we would've won it all, but I think we should've been favorites and anyone watching the Kentucky game has to know that a healthy Harris would've made a big difference. Think about it...we're playing the best pressing team in the country WITH A ONE-HANDED POINT GUARD, and it still came down to the last 5 minutes or so of the game.

Hey, somebody posted a link to an archive with the FF game against Kentucky. Anybody know of where I can get video of the Clemson and UCLA games? (Sweet 16 round) I was there in person with unforgettable seats, but have never been able to get video, and would love to watch.

Minnesota was the best team left in the tournament after Kansas lost.

If Harris hadn't gotten hurt, who knows if we would've won it all, but I think we should've been favorites and anyone watching the Kentucky game has to know that a healthy Harris would've made a big difference. Think about it...we're playing the best pressing team in the country WITH A ONE-HANDED POINT GUARD, and it still came down to the last 5 minutes or so of the game.

Came down to a close game, with one really bad charging call on James.

Such great memories, I can't wait until I have time to watch that whole 41 minute video. It's also really sad that we haven't even had one season come close to approaching that 96-97 year. I knew it was special when it was going on, and I knew not to expect it every year, but to be 15 plus years later and to not have won/shared/come close to a Big Ten title is rough.

So many good players on that team and they certainly win it all with a healthy Eric Harris. The Gophers were the worst match up possible for that Arizona team. Thomas and James would have dominated inside. I hope we can see something even remotely similar occur before the 20th anniversary of that team.

I just want to double-check. The video, somewhere between 22-28 minutes, says the website www.bigtenchampionship.com was made to commemorate the season, correct? I tried to check it out, what a weird website.

So many good players on that team and they certainly win it all with a healthy Eric Harris.

I have been hearing this since 1997, and while obviously a healthy Eric Harris certainly helps their chances, I've always found it a bit humorous that the people who point this out never seem to mention that Kentucky's second-leading scorer, Derek Anderson - 17.7 per game that year, and 12.0 per game in an 11-year NBA career - had blown out an ACL midseason and wasn't playing (if memory serves he did dress and shoot the free throws after Haskins got a technical in the national semifinal game). If you're going to play the what-if game you probably ought to remember that as well.

Top Bottom