Royce White/Bob Sansevere I'm A People Person

Blizzard

Reaction score
Can we get back to business now ? :)

Sansevere does a Q and A with Royce White

A lot of people have misconceptions about me. They probably think I have an attitude problem.

I might not have the greatest attitude, but I just try to be intense.

If people sat down with me and got to know me, they'd probably love me. We'd probably start hanging out.

I'm not much different than I was a year ago. In some ways, I've grown up. On the court, I've grown up a lot.

Do I want to start as a freshman at Minnesota? I just want to help the Gophers any way I can. I'll let Coach (Tubby) Smith decide who should be on the floor and who shouldn't. He's really good at that, obviously.

I can't wait to play for the Gophers. I'll take some summer classes at Minnesota. I'm going there in June.

The NBA is a goal.

How long will I stay in college? My scholarship is for four years. If I could, I'd go for five. Coach Smith is good at that, deciding when it's time for a guy to go (to the NBA), when not, if at all.

I don't like losing at anything, even if it's open gym pick-up games or drills. I don't like losing, period.

I'm a real friendly person. I like people. I'm a people person. I like talking to people and meeting new people and picking their minds about basketball, just to see what they're thinking.

Pet peeves? I hate it when sometimes you go into the gym and you can't make a shot. That just annoys me. You're shooting around and your hands just don't feel right. I

hate that.

Much more here -

http://www.twincities.com/sansevere

Agreed Big Play. I like that he said his scholarship is for 4 years. Sounds like he's willing to learn from Coach Smith.

Not a shot at Royce, but have you ever read an interview with an athlete where the subject says "I'm far from a people person -- in fact, I kinda hate talking to people and try to just curl up with a good book."

Great piece!

I think this is very indicative of his warm personality - and good sense of humor. By far, my favorite answer was:

I get a lot of good advice. The best advice I've gotten lately was to cut my hair. I had a Mohawk and a full beard. And chops and everything. Somebody told me to cut my hair. It's played well with the ladies.

Top Bottom