My Thoughts on the Flight

gopherguy06

Reaction score
And if I had to guess, Univ of VA offered Tubby and sent the plane here in case he agreed to the deal. He turned it down so the flight to VA was cancelled.

And if I had to guess, Univ of VA offered Tubby and sent the plane here in case he agreed to the deal. He turned it down so the flight to VA was cancelled.

or perhaps it was just someone on standard business flying from northern new jersey to minneapolis and then back again. i mean there are other people in this city who need to conduct commerce while utilizing aviation besides tubby. ;)

I agree with you Bronko. Why was everybody so convinced this had anything to do with Tubby? They wouldn't have sent a plane for Tubby when they were obviously working things out with Bennett.

I agree with you Bronko. Why was everybody so convinced this had anything to do with Tubby? They wouldn't have sent a plane for Tubby when they were obviously working things out with Bennett.

how funny would it have been if you were one of the business travelers on the NJ to Mpls "flight in question" and came to realize while flying here that you were the topic of conversation for thousands of college basketball fans all over the great lakes region and the mid-atlantic. and then your like "hey man i am just a sales executive trying to sell some high-tech filtration equipment to a company in minneapolis." kind of heavy huh?! :rolleyes:

All indications are that UVA's deal with thier coach was done early today if not before. So it wouldn't seem likely that flight had anything to do with Tubby unless they made some sort of last minute plea even after they had a deal in principle with Bennett which would seem sleazy at best and not put him off to a good start.

or perhaps it was just someone on standard business flying from northern new jersey to minneapolis and then back again. i mean there are other people in this city who need to conduct commerce while utilizing aviation besides tubby. ;)

And this is why I agreed when someone called the flight tracking stalkerish. :)

Confirmed, see Shooter's update here: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12029828?nclick_check=1

Actually, the flight in question was a Flight Options private jet scheduled to fly empty to Charlottesville to pick up passengers and transport them elsewhere, according to co-pilot Jeff Filler of Portland, Ore., but was canceled because another plane was found for the pickup.

Asked if he was aware of the possibility of flying Tubby Smith to Virginia, Filler said, "Who is this person, Toby Smith?" Told it was Tubby Smith, he said, "I don't know anything about this."

I really like Maturi's quotes in that Pioneer Press article. He seems to have it all in perspective which is good because he's the only one who really should

Top Bottom