Halverson Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All the best to him; it sounds like he has big things planned for the future.

Pour one out for the homies.

Good dude, best of luck to him where ever he goes.

I see this as a potential problem. If, as has been discussed, Mo and Oto would leave, other than EE we would only have Buggs (6-8) taller than 6-5 Austin Hollins. I don't think we possess the quickness to operated without a post presence. All of a sudden I don't know how EE and Buggs can sharpen their skills when they have no one to practice against? Am I off-base here?

I see this as a potential problem. If, as has been discussed, Mo and Oto would leave, other than EE we would only have Buggs (6-8) taller than 6-5 Austin Hollins. I don't think we possess the quickness to operated without a post presence. All of a sudden I don't know how EE and Buggs can sharpen their skills when they have no one to practice against? Am I off-base here?

Yes.

Good luck to him. I think he thought he would have a chance to play at Minnesota. I hope he gets a chance at a smaller school and has a fun year. Good for him for trying.

Always the best to watch when he cheered from the bench, he really got into it! Good luck to him.

Lack of overall size on the roster could be a problem but I wouldn't worry about it from a practice standpoint. He wasn't going to play or see meaningful minutes so if he can go somewhere else and play then the move makes perfect sense.

Son of a. We are really gonna regret losing this guy. This is Cobbs round 2. Curse you Tubby!

He should have transferred before his Jr. year if he wanted playing time. Not sure why he stayed around for so long if he knew he was never going to be more than a bench player.

He should have transferred before his Jr. year if he wanted playing time. Not sure why he stayed around for so long if he knew he was never going to be more than a bench player.

Maybe to complete his degree? That's a pretty good reason.

Always the best to watch when he cheered from the bench, he really got into it! Good luck to him.

My favorite was during the Wiscy game when he hopped up on the court, crouched down, and did the three-point goggles after Andre hit a big one.

You can still do that elsewhere if you want to be on the court.

He began his career at Valpo. He played in only nine games there as a freshman, averaging one-point per game. He then transferred here, knowing he wasn't going to play much ever. In other words, playing time wasn't a motivating factor at any point during his career.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play basketball next year. Could be a grad student only, where ever he goes.

He began his career at Valpo. He played in only nine games there as a freshman, averaging one-point per game. He then transferred here, knowing he wasn't going to play much ever. In other words, playing time wasn't a motivating factor at any point during his career.

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play basketball next year. Could be a grad student only, where ever he goes.

Ok...I did not know he transferred from Valpo already. I guess he had no issues with playing time.

I disagree, he thought he could crack the line-up and earn a scolly... he is strong and can jump, but a terrible shooter. Might want to go MIAC, not sure he can even make a impact at D2.

If he graduates, he can't go to the MIAC. They don't allow you to play once you have your degree.

Ya never know, maybe NDSU or SDSU would take him.

On the Sports Huddle this morning Sid twice asked Coach P is anyone was leaving the program and Coach P twice responded that no one was leaving. Maybe Coach P didn't think highly of Halverson . . .

On the Sports Huddle this morning Sid twice asked Coach P is anyone was leaving the program and Coach P twice responded that no one was leaving. Maybe Coach P didn't think highly of Halverson . . .

Maybe he didn't think the question was referring to the cheerleaders.

Bench Mob will never be the same, but this has no impact on things that actually involve basketball.

Ryan James retweeted
PiPress Gophers Now @GophersNow 14h
Halvorsen might not have helped the #Gophers on the court. But he was a great student and teammate. Will work to cure Alzheimer's.
View details · Reply RT Fav More

Congrats to Chris on the degree! I wish Tubby would have put him in at the end of the Florida game when the game was out of reach. If I was a walk on and knew there was little shot of seeing the floor I would not be to thrilled about the extra conditioning that would be taking place from now until next season. Best of luck to Chris in the future.

Why do people think that Walker and Oto are leaving? To the best of my knowledge, neither player has said he plans to transfer; Pitino was on with Sid Sunday morning, and when he was asked about people transferring, said he expected all of the underclassmen to return.

Now, when Pitino has had more time to evaluate the returning players, he may very well decide that certain players are not a good fit for his style or system - but Pitino said he hasn't had a lot of time yet to work with/evaluate players - so I don't think we're at that point yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom