Pitino to AZ?

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Gottlieb on ESPN was just talking about how it has been rumored for a long time that Arizona has a big name locked up to come in to be their next coach. He speculated it was one of the following three: Tubby, Izzo, and Pitino. He said it was likely Pitino if any of those three because Tubby and Izzo are happy with where they're at. Thoughts?

I'd say Pitino to AZ makes some sense. Couple that with the fact that he recently bought a house in Tucson in early March...I'd say the signs are pointing towards him taking that gig. However, a lot of people buy houses in AZ (I just think the timing of everything is a little suspect for it to be totally unrelated).

He is getting up there. Old people do seem to wander off in that direction quite often. I've been feeling the tug myself and I'm only 46. Plus he's been at Louisville for a while, coaches like to change things up now and then. i could see him thinking he's got one good gig left and sieze the day, AZ is open, grab it. Of all the silly rumors you hear, this is one that I believe.

Top Bottom