Yes or No: Will Tubby be coaching the Gophers in 2009-2010?

• Total voters

Go4

Reaction score

Honestly, does the constant speculation get old ? How many times has Tubby said he's happy here, wants to be here, is needed here, etc.

Yes. He will be back next year !

Honestly, does the constant speculation get old ? How many times has Tubby said he's happy here, wants to be here, is needed here, etc.

Yes. He will be back next year !

Yeah, but he recently backpedaled from some of those remarks.

I agree with Blizzard. He's said it enough times and is there any reason we shouldn't believe him ?

He'll be back.

Didn't vote (sorry) because there's not enough info to even make a guess. That said, we're definitely in "where there's smoke, there's fire" territory as of this writing. Can there be any doubt there's been conversations between each party's reps?

I agree with Blizzard. He's said it enough times and is there any reason we shouldn't believe him ?

Did you hear what he told Myron Medcalf?

After I caught up with Smith in a Target Center hallway on Saturday, I asked him about his future at Minnesota.

"For fans who are still a little concerned, can you say 100 percent you're confident you'll be here next season?" I asked. Note that I didn't ask him if he planned to retire here or if he'd fulfill the duration of his contract. I just asked about next year.

Smith's response: "I never say never, but I'm here. I'm happy where we are. 'Cause once you say [never], something happens, then everybody's going to jump on you like you're some demon or something. So I just say, at this time, I'm very happy here."

I would really like to have tubby back, he is a great coach..but i am looking at this with a glass half full (some prolly will say overflowing) but looking at this with a positive view we are in good situation, one of the best a team losing his coach could ask for. We have a potential just as good or better coach in Flip waiting his turn who would stay at Mn for a long long time. Our Big time recruits have minnesota ties and prolly wont follow tubby all the way to Virginia or whatever esecially if we get flip..trevor could be different but whatever..So our new coach hopefully flip comes in with a top ten class, o well...and on the other side tubby stays and is just using this to get a new practice facility...win win baby

Of course I saw it -

Smith's response: "I never say never, but I'm here. I'm happy where we are. 'Cause once you say [never], something happens, then everybody's going to jump on you like you're some demon or something. So I just say, at this time, I'm very happy here."

I just don't see any reason to buy into any kind of hype that Tubby's opinion is going to change a day or two later and he'll leave. He left himself an out for the future - I recognize this is business.

Top Bottom