Virginia sources saying a hire has been made...

If Tubby is the guy in Va, I will lose a lot of respect for him.

If it is indeed Tubby. I will have to say thanks for using us and thanks for breaking our hearts. I for one, will be fuming mad at him.
He will likely make the shit list of every Minnesotan if he bolts after only 2 seasons.

Ah well, it is the hypocrisy of the NCAA. Players are locked into 1 year renewable contracts that prohibit transferring without sitting a year out but coaches can bolt at the drop of a hat. Completely unfair.

Coaches should have a red-shirt year as well- unless they are fired.

This is a rant in general and not directed at Tubby.

If he does leave, I suspect you see Flip in place very quickly. When they hired Tubby, I wondered if he was a place-holder for Flip- people laughed at me but I still wonder that.

Happy lunch hour!

According to the Pioneer Press

This sounds like he turned them down??????

There was some buzz today that Virginia, with assistance from boosters, might go as high as $3.2 million annually over seven years to lure Tubby Smith from the Gophers to coach its men's basketball team. The word is that the deal also includes complimentary use of a house and two cars.

But Smith is said to remain firm in his intent to remain at the University of Minnesota. So Virginia now is said to be targeting Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel.

If it is indeed Tubby. I will have to say thanks for using us and thanks for breaking our hearts. I for one, will be fuming mad at him.
I wouldn't be happy, but I could hardly blame Tubby for it. If anything, I'd say we were lucky to have "used" him for 2 years. I don't think there are many coaches that could've come in and done what he did for our team, university, and state in only 2 years.

It's a business, pure and simple. If you think it's anything else (coaches coming for the great state, trying to revive a program b/c they want to, etc.), you're mistaken.

This sounds like he turned them down??????
I think that was the old news that Shooter was reiterating from last week. To think negotiations are completely over, especially based on what Tubby said to Myron last night, is probably wrong IMO.

Top Bottom