Jeff Capel to Virginia

gophersfan

Reaction score
you hear me right. i predicting it will be Jeff Capel that will be Virginia coach. that why i betting they are waitting for his team season to end.

This is my prediction.

Shhhh, its a secret. They all think Tubby is packing an overnight bag as we speak!!!! Let them continue to think that. It'll awesome if they find out what Tubby is actually doing right now.

What they don't realize is that he's actually hosting a potential 2011 recruit....for his real job as Minnesota coach....

Why would Capel leave Oklahoma for UVA? Especially when he'll be considered as a candidate for Kentucky or the position where their new coach comes from.

The Kentucky situation is a mess right now. I'm not sure who would want that job as it stands. Maybe Capel would, but that's like jumping into a hungry shark tank without any seals around to satiate their appetites.

I agree in large part with akgopher -- why would Capel leave Oklahoma for Virginia? We could certainly debate whether it would be a good idea for ANYONE that values his sanity to coach Kentucky. But why is everyone so jacked up about the Virginia job? It doesn't seem like a great job to me. Have they been relevant in a generation? Think about that -- if memory serves, the last time they were relevant was when our freshman's dad played on their team. I think it's just a case of the media being so in love with the ACC that ANY ACC job is better than a job in another conference (except maybe the Big East). Personally, I think the Virginia AD needs to set his sights quite a bit lower. Same for Kentucky.

And if the Virginia or Kentucky AD is reading this, I would accept the job, with certain conditions of course! Send me a PM.

Monson to VA?

Why not? Every other name has come up.

Why not? Every other name has come up.

I agree. We should help them out by compiling a list of all current D1 coaches and send it to them. At least that way they would have a reference point.

Jim Dutcher is a candidate. That is what I heard.

Who is the coach at UW-Platteville? Isn't that where the Badgers found Bo Ryan?

Now I will make a nomination: GopherLady as Head Coach, Assisted by Bleed, Snowman, TruthTeller, and FOT. SS will be director of recruiting. NCAA Champions within 5 years at the University of Virginia.

Now I will make a nomination: GopherLady as Head Coach, Assisted by Bleed, Snowman, TruthTeller, and FOT. SS will be director of recruiting. NCAA Champions within 5 years at the University of Virginia.

If this happens, which I hear from my sources, one of which is deep in the UVA Athletic department and my Gopher Lady source being her first semester college roommate's second cousin's twice removed childhood BFF's uncle's niece on the other side former boyfriend's frat brother that this is a go, I would like to offically submit my name as Director of Basketball Operations job. Any question you can private message me.

Also I would also like to say that I'm offically a candidate for the Kentucky and Arizona jobs so the offer better pretty sweet GL.

Sorry, I'm not interviewing until our Special Olympics teams complete their state competition. Besides, that's what I have an agent for. :cool:

In all seriousness...I don't see Capel coaching in the ACC. When Coach K retires (roughly in 5 years is my guess), he'll be a candidate. I don't think Duke would hire a current ACC coach to replace their own. Capel has said his dream job would be to coach Duke but even mentioned that Dawkins was in line for it. That's foolish. If Dawkins doesn't prove himself at Stanford and Capel continues what he's doing at Oklahoma, he would be the leader. While Oklahoma loses a ton this offseason, they're bringing in another great recruiting class. He has something nice going on at Oklahoma.

Why would Capel leave Oklahoma for UVA? Especially when he'll be considered as a candidate for Kentucky or the position where their new coach comes from.

Have you ever been to Oklahoma?

I think OK is a better job than Virginia also. Virginia has been mainly an ACC doormat recently.
OK has a football program that will pay for anything the B-ball program wants. Of course, the focus there will always be football, but their basketball program is strong right now and has been for some time. At least in recent memory.
Don't get all the fawning over the Virginia job either.:confused:

Terry Holland Rehired by UV!

The stately former 67 year old coach is back. Remember when his name came up for the Gopher job?

figi,

>>Have you ever been to Oklahoma?<<

I hope you were referencing the Three Dog Night song and not besmirching a good state with good people, a strong amatuer athletic heritage, and wide open spaces.

Capel is already on top of a strong conference at Oklahoma; he'd be at the bottom of a strong conference for as long as he endured at Virginia.

Jeff C played at Duke which everyone knows anyway and according my friend in VA. the Capel's really don't like OK.....my friend says UVA is going to have an announcement this week....He believes it is going to be Capel....

Top Bottom