Conference Rankings

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
Now that the Final Four is here, how would rank the conferences?

1. Big East. There is plenty of fat in a 16 team league, but the results are impossible to ignore. They had several great teams.

2. Big 12. I put them slightly ahead of the Big Ten because they had three top flight teams in Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma. They were also as deep as the BT, even though I think the middle of the BT is better overall.

3. Big Ten. Deep and way better than given credit for because of the "style of play" (Thanks for the 38-33 game PSU and Illinois). But there were a lot of good teams and one Final Four team. If Purdue had been healthy all year and gotten a better draw as a result, I think they coud play with most teams in the country too. They just never got it together. I still don't understand how Illinois finished T2 in the league, though. Everytime I saw them, they looked terrible.

4. ACC. One great team and bunch of overrated teams. As usual, the tournament proved what they were made of. BTW, what was the final BT-ACC record head to head. They won the challenge (again), but with Michigan's win over Duke, and Wisconsin and Michigan's tourney wins, the BT probably had a better head to head record. I don't know if there were any other games. I'll take a season win and two tourney wins over the Challenge title any day.

5. Pac 10. Big dropoff here, but several competitive teams, at least.

6. SEC. Yuck.

Top Bottom