Comparing Minneapolis and Charlottesville

I have lived in Charlottesville for the last 5 years. Believe me there is way more to do
in Minneapolis..Be prepared to drive alot for entertainment.

Charlottesville is close to DC which is a cultural mecca. It is also close to the mountains where there are all kinds of outdoor recreation. Even the ocean isn't all that far. You could do worse.

Charlottesville is close to DC which is a cultural mecca.

115 miles 2 hours and 20 minutes by car (according to google maps). Kind of like driving to Duluth every time you want some culture.

Charlottesville is great

Granted, I've only been to Minneapolis once (in December for a Vikings game), but I'd say this is comparing apples to oranges. Charlottesville isn't a large metropolitan area, but there's quite a bit going on. Restaurants in Charlottesville are absolutely top notch as they competitively have to be. There are more per capita than almost anywhere. The new arena holds a number of great concerts and Charlottesville has seen acts from Phish, to U2 (this Fall), to Springsteen. The paramount theater has more of your "cultured" entertainment like travelling plays, opera, classical orchestra. There's access to the Appalachain Trail close-by, Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks just a few hours away, and DC is less than 2 hours. Finally, according to Money Magazine and USA Today, Charlottesville is the #1 place to live in the country. You guys may love Minneapolis, but C'Ville ain't too shabby.

Top Bottom