Teammates praise Royce White, call him unselfish

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shortly after Hopkins disposed of Osseo with a 69-59 victory Saturday night for the Class AAAA state championship, Marcus Williams walked up to celebrated teammate Royce White and thanked him for coming to Hopkins for the last year and a half of White's high school career.

"It was a great experience playing with a guy like Royce, somebody who probably will be in the NBA someday," Williams said. "A lot of people don't know that Royce is really an unselfish player. He gave us the final piece we needed."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12022257

Go Gophers!!

I admit

I admit, the more I see him and hear him, the more I like him.

Now he needs to go practice those pesky free throws !

With his game he will be on the line a lot !!

:):clap::clap::clap:

This was the best I've seen White play and act. I'm not predicting super-stardom for him at the U, but I think he will be better than Bryce Webster, who had similar hype in 2006.

The game against Osseo last night was the first opportunity I had to see Royce White play. I was pretty impressed. He did a few things that I didn't know he could do - the one thing I was very surprised about what how good his handle is for a big guy. His moves are strong in the post, and he needs to become a great free throw shooter because, as mentioned before, he will be at the line a lot next year if he continues to be aggressive.

One thing I didn't like was I thought he forced a few shots. If he made a basket, it was almost like he felt like he needed to shoot again the next time down. I just remember specifically one time he made a basket, came down the next time and took a wild fadeaway on the baseline. He needs to just let the game come to him and will continue to get his shots.

Overall, very impressed with White and Hopkins.

This was the first time I had a chance to see Royce play. I didn't realize he was ALREADY that strong. In fact, his strength/build remind me of Carmelo when he came out of HS...and he was able to get to the hole almost at will his Freshmen year @ Syracuse. I'm not saying he's going to be as good as Melo (he has lots to improve upon - including his shot), but I think he has the tools to dominate games at the next level after seeing him play last night.

Shortly after Hopkins disposed of Osseo with a 69-59 victory Saturday night for the Class AAAA state championship, Marcus Williams walked up to celebrated teammate Royce White and thanked him for coming to Hopkins for the last year and a half of White's high school career.

"It was a great experience playing with a guy like Royce, somebody who probably will be in the NBA someday," Williams said. "A lot of people don't know that Royce is really an unselfish player. He gave us the final piece we needed."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12022257

Go Gophers!!

That quote makes me think that Marcus Williams is a pretty classy, well-spoken guy.

This was the best I've seen White play and act. I'm not predicting super-stardom for him at the U, but I think he will be better than Bryce Webster, who had similar hype in 2006.

This was joke right? So what would White have to do to exceed Webster? Average 2 pts per game?

I know, I know you're probably very conservative guy, but you made me laugh all the same.

This was joke right? So what would White have to do to exceed Webster? Average 2 pts per game?

I know, I know you're probably very conservative guy, but you made me laugh all the same.

Seriously, Webster had no where near the hype as Royce White does.

Seriously, Webster had no where near the hype as Royce White does.

I agree, but that wasn't what I was commenting on. I was commenting on this quote, "but I think he will be better than Bryce Webster."

Top Bottom