ESPN Magazine profiles Vince Taylor as one of five "super assistants"

He'd make a good hire for UVA. Great recruiter here and at Louisville, NBA experience, and ACC background. I'd rather give him a crack than Lickliter or Mike Brey.

Vince should pursue the VCU job. That gig has led both Capel and Grant to power conference schools. Tubby has connections a VCU to potentially help Vince, too.

In a perfect world, he loves it here and cuts his teeth at another school to prepare him to be next in line, or we make him an Associate HC in waiting.

I don't want to start a philosophical race debate, but I feel there is something to be said for developing African American Head Coaches when roughly 70-85% of our recruits are from that demographic. I'm not stating this because I want to gain a recruiting advantage, but because I don't understand how there can only be one African American HC in the Big Ten in 2009.

He'd make a good hire for UVA. Great recruiter here and at Louisville, NBA experience, and ACC background. I'd rather give him a crack than Lickliter or Mike Brey.

Shhh...don't tell UVA that - we need to try to keep him as long as we can! ;)

Top Bottom