Marcus Williams

jamiche

Reaction score
He's looks like a terrific pg. Why has he not signed and is there any chance he could end up a gopher?

From this morning's Pioneer Press:

"Marcus Williams, who remains undecided on a college but has significant interest from the Gophers, Wisconsin, Colorado and Northern Iowa."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12015201

Not sure I believe the UW part, as the Badgers currently have no scholarships available for next season.

I didn't we had any left either. Am I wrong?
I assume it's either as a walk-on on the basketball team, or a scholarship from Brewster? I hear he's quite the football player, which is said to be his best sport?

As solid as he looked tonight, I don't picture him as a high level D1 PG. He is less than 6 feet tall, and relies very heavily on his quickness to get things done. I don't know if his quickness is above average at the D1 level.

I am by no means a talent evaluator, though, so I wouldn't be too shocked if I was wrong.

I think that the gophers should go after Jordair Jett he is a absolute beast.

I think that the gophers should go after Jordair Jett he is a absolute beast.
We don't have any scholarships left for 2010; best we could do would be encourage him to walk-on. He already has an offer from Baylor, so he'd probably take that over walking on at the U and gambling that he might earn a scholarship someday.

When I watched the game last night, I kept thinking to myself that Marcus Williams is very, very similar to Al Nolen. He has great quickness with the ball and on defense, he has very good handles and vision, an average jump shot, not very tall, high energy. If he wants to walk on, I would be happy - but I don't feel like he would be a factor for us. We already have Nolen, Devoe Joseph, and have signed Justin Cobbs. Another point guard? He probably has a better opportunity somewhere else.

Yes............Jordair...

is going to prep school. If he improves his handle, he'll be a high major recruit...if not at least a mid-major. Great strength and vision.....working on his 3 ball too.

I hope he makes an impact...with a name like Jordair Jett, I'd love to be his agent!!

A 5* player should be able to win a MN AA State title by himself. Jett couldn't come close.

I'm not going to debate....

if he's a 5* player or not, but he did win the semi-finals almost by himself! 26 points + 8 assists. If he hadn't been in foul trouble in the championship it might have been a different story. He had 0in the first half and finished with 20...not like he had a bad game.

If you think someone should beat an undefeated team all by himself, you have forgotten that basketball is a team game.

I could be wrong.

Marcus Williams is just a junior and is thought more of as a football recruit than basketball recruit. I wonder if Williams would look nearly as good on the basketball court if he didnt have 4 guys going D-I including 3 of which that are goin to BCS schools like Minnesota, Notre Dame, and Arizona State.

Rivals has him as a junior and scout has him as a senior. I have always remembered hearing he was a senior, so I think that rivals has it wrong.

Top Bottom