Does Dave Lee know?

Moonlight

Reaction score
What a give-and-go play is??? Hello? Its not just a pass (give) and then the guy goes to the basket.
Thank goodness we have Grimm and Zierden now.

He also has a hard time.......

telling an ally oop from a lob pass....

He's really funny on TV though, because we can laugh at his missed calls....or radio you go NUTS, because you have no idea what's happening.

When he first started with the play by play I thought he might end up being OK. he never really improved. now it's to the point he's down right cumbersome to listen to. Just goes to show you how tough the gig is.

I really like Dave Lee, but he's not the best play-by-play guy in the world, that's for sure.

I feel bad for all you poor saps who didn't come down to the Target Center last night and were forced to endure Dave Lee on the TV telecast.

How and why Hubbard Broadcasting ended up with Dave Lee and Clay Matvick as their play-by-play men for the marquee state tournaments, I will never know. I guarantee that this board could put together a better TV crew for either BB or hockey than what Hubbard has.

His missed calls last night were humorous, his attempts at humor failed. Annoying at best.

Re: Dave Lee

At least he had Richard Coffey to help him out: NOT. Coffey was worse on color than Lee on play-by-play if that's possible.

Lee: "Wow, what a defensive play by the Hopkins defense. How bout' that defense Richard?"

Coffey: "Yea, that was a nice defensive play by the Hopkins defense. They are really playing good defense."

Plus Lea B. Olsen is very attractive and professional

At least he had Richard Coffey to help him out: NOT. Coffey was worse on color than Lee on play-by-play if that's possible.

Lee: "Wow, what a defensive play by the Hopkins defense. How bout' that defense Richard?"

Coffey: "Yea, that was a nice defensive play by the Hopkins defense. They are really playing good defense."

Every time I see and hear Lea I think of how much better she is than the FSN choice of Marney Gellnar who made a very unfortunate choice to wear horizontal red stripes today during the T Wolf game.

She looked like Art Donovan or Pat Williams.

A true give-and-go is a thing of beauty. The old give-and-go is one of my favorites, however, despite D.Lee's description, I didn't see that executed once all night.
I loved Coffey for the U, but he and Tucker could engage in a mean mubble contest. You start to feel like senior citizen with a hearing deficit - Huh??? Huh?

Top Bottom