Tubby and Donna Smith at Target Center tonight

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this up before the game begins tonight, but Tubby and Donna are at the game tonight, as well as Vince Taylor. They're sitting at floor level, where everyone can see them.

He's not with anyone wearing a Virginia jacket, or anything resembling orange, for that matter.

Just thought I'd kill any rumors tonight!

Yeah, I don't understand any of those Virginia folks at all. Someone says something, drops a big name in there somewhere, and they start a huge party. I can understand why they are going nuts about getting a big basketball coach and they are kind of starved for something to validate their program, but it's like an insane asylum over there. They definitely add the "atic" to the end of the work "fan"

At this point, I think most of us would be absolutely shocked if Tubby has even spoken with Virginia. He sure as heck isn't acting like someone who is on the way out. There is no rhyme or reason for any of the rumors going on over at Virginia. But hey, I guess that's just how they do things in the south when it comes to athletics....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't understand any of those Virginia folks at all. Someone says something, drops a big name in there somewhere, and they start a huge party. I can understand why they are going nuts about getting a big basketball coach and they are kind of starved for something to validate their program, but it's like an insane asylum over there. They definitely add the "atic" to the end of the work "fan"

At this point, I think most of us would be absolutely shocked if Tubby has even spoken with Virginia. He sure as heck isn't acting like someone who is on the way out. There is no rhyme or reason for any of the rumors going on over at Virginia. But hey, I guess that's just how they do things in the south when it comes to athletics....:rolleyes:

Most of the country can't believe that anyone would intentionally live in Minnesota.

I would definitely not be shocked if he had spoken to them. But I would be well beyond shocked if he left. I don't know the exact number, but Tubby has to be approaching 55-60 years of age. He's not a young guy. Eventually, you want to see the fruits of your labor. Most don't coach beyond 65... how many times can you really rebuild in that time frame?

Tubby is there to break the news to his recruits, DUH!

Maybe they are doing their farewell tour ;)

Seriously - I love that they are seen all over town. I heard they even have been to 1st Ave - it doesn't get cooler than that!

Now if they had been to 7th Street Entry, that would be cooler :p

i don't understand why tubby would be there to watch a minnesota recruit (Royce) if he plans on going to Virginia. He's staying for sure....

I would definitely not be shocked if he had spoken to them. But I would be well beyond shocked if he left. I don't know the exact number, but Tubby has to be approaching 55-60 years of age. He's not a young guy. Eventually, you want to see the fruits of your labor. Most don't coach beyond 65... how many times can you really rebuild in that time frame?

As an addendum to my previous post, yeah, I guess I could see him having spoken with them. But to hear the Virginia folks tell it, you would think their administration is sending Tubby morse code signals about the details of his new contract with them, all while duping us stupid Minnesotans.

Again, its the south, so I guess that explains it......sort of.:rolleyes:

P.S.-Tubby was just shown on the television during the game broadcast, just in case anyone doubts he is actually there!!!;)

Was the crowd at the state tournament just doing a Tubby chant?

Sounded like it and he acknowledged something - I assume it was that.

Very cool!

This means nothing one way or the other. Could be staying. Could be going.

Remember, Tubby was at the KY Sweet 16 less than 48 hours before getting on a plane to Minnesota.

Remember, Tubby was at the KY Sweet 16 less than 48 hours before getting on a plane to Minnesota.

I suppose you could be correct. But let me ask this: would you drop by to watch one of your former recruits play in the state tournament title game, who would never follow you to your new destination, before you headed somewhere else?? And then tell him, congrats on your state title, but I'm going somewhere else???

If you would, then fine. Maybe you should be coaching at Virginia.

I'm not making any sort of judgement. I'm just saying that him being at TC tonight doesn't mean anything.

It's certainly possible that UVa has made an offer, but Tubby hasn't made a decision.

I truly know nothing, but just saying that this isn't exactly rock-solid evidence based on past history.

I don't want to fuel the fire as I think he's staying but i think tubby would continue to do his job as if he were staying up until the moment he knew for sure he was gone. so I don't think his actions mean anything one way or another. we're kinda like the ugly guy with the good looking girlfriend. Every stud that walks by makes us nervous.

I'm not making any sort of judgement. I'm just saying that him being at TC tonight doesn't mean anything.

It's certainly possible that UVa has made an offer, but Tubby hasn't made a decision.

I truly know nothing, but just saying that this isn't exactly rock-solid evidence based on past history.

Fair enough. Was just curious what you would do. At the end of the day, all that matters is what Tubby would do. But seeing as how he has made extra efforts to see his recruits since losing in the NCAAs, I would find it difficult to believe that he is looking to move. Of course, I could be completely underestimating the lack of class some coaches have.

I doubt Tubby is one of those coaches, but I guess you're right, you never know.

Not rock solid, but why would he be at Target Center if there was a pressed already scheduled for Monday for him to take the VA job. Answer....he wouldn't be at Target Center if already accepted the job like the VA rumor is saying.

The Sweet 16 is where Tubby met Clem Haskins and Dwane Casey to talk about the Minnesota job from their point of view.

Why is everyone worried about Virginia? We should be worried about whoever signs with Kentucky (Matta) because Tubby will probably filled their shoes and head somewhere like OSU, unless Izzo goes for some reason. Why would Tubby not want to go to OSU or MSU?

Why is everyone worried about Virginia? We should be worried about whoever signs with Kentucky (Matta) because Tubby will probably filled their shoes and head somewhere like OSU, unless Izzo goes for some reason. Why would Tubby not want to go to OSU or MSU?

Matta won't be at UK. Izzo maybe, maybe not. Tubby won't go to either place (OSU, MSU).

Remember that Tubby said that he was needed here. I believe it means a great deal to him to build a first-class program at one of the nation's largest universities. That's a once in a life-time opportunity.

NO.

Use logic to consider Tubby's situation. He ain't leaving, he'll retire here.

Top Bottom