Hey SS! On the ACC....

I notice Feinstein (a Duke grad) takes time to get a dig in at the Big 10, calling our conference mediocre. So, if the Big Ten is mediocre with the same post season record as the ACC, what does that make the ACC? Also, Feinstein lets Coach K off the hook, stating that he did remarkable work coaxing the Blue Devils to 30 wins and a Sweet 16 appearance.

Have to agree that compared to the Big East and even the ACC, the BT is mediocre until they prove him wrong.

I am not sure if you are implying that Coach K was to blame for Duke's performance vs. Nova, but after watching Duke for the last 2 or 3 years, it makes me respect Coach K even more. His teams are undersized, and not terribly athletic, and they still are perennially threats to win the ACC, if not the whole NCAA tourney.

You probably saw this - but before the UConn/Mizzou game, Seth Davis actually admitted that the ACC was the biggest disappointment of the tournament.

The Big 10 has the same record as the ACC in the tournament to this point, the same number of teams who advanced to the Sweet 16 and the same number of teams who advanced to the Elite 8, while our teams played to their seeds better than the ACC teams did in this tourney. While I acknowledge that UNC looks more likely to win the national championship than Michigan State and I acknowledge that the Big 10 did not have any elite type squads this season other than Michigan State, I just wonder how Feinstein can refer to the Big 10 as mediocre while avoiding the same tag for the ACC.

The Big 10 has the same record as the ACC in the tournament to this point, the same number of teams who advanced to the Sweet 16 and the same number of teams who advanced to the Elite 8, while our teams played to their seeds better than the ACC teams did in this tourney. While I acknowledge that UNC looks more likely to win the national championship than Michigan State and I acknowledge that the Big 10 did not have any elite type squads this season other than Michigan State, I just wonder how Feinstein can refer to the Big 10 as mediocre while avoiding the same tag for the ACC.

If I read him correctly, he was basically saying that without using the word. The reason he did use it for the BT is because that is already understood, and that the ACC is not any better at this point.

Top Bottom