This all new to us here at Minnesota...

sec105

Reaction score
We have never had a coach that I can recall, that anybody else ever wanted. Our coaches usually are asked to leave or quit because of some kind of scandal.

When Bill Mussleman got fired for cheating we hired Jim Dutcher.

When Jim Dutcher quit in disgrace because of the Mitch Lee rape debacle we hired Clem Haskins.

When Clem Haskin's departed in the wake of the academic scandal we hired Dan Monson

When Dan Monson retired at mid season because he didn't meet the standards set by the previous 3 coaches we hired Tubby Smith.

We finally have a coach we want to keep and somebody else wants to steal him away.

What a weird feeling.

Who Ray !!

aint it great !!! I love it. Someone wants our coach ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way, I love Jim Dutcher. He gave those kids a chance and they pissed it away and damaged the reputation of one heckuva guy. IMHO.

Didn't Washington want Monson?

Yes. In fact he was 'gone' and the AD and President convinced him to stay. I think they were both interim so I'm blanking. Roger Moe?

We have never had a coach that I can recall, that anybody else ever wanted. Our coaches usually are asked to leave or quit because of some kind of scandal.

When Jim Dutcher quit in disgrace because of the Mitch Lee rape debacle we hired Clem Haskins.

When Clem Haskin's departed in the wake of the academic scandal we hired Dan Monson

When Dan Monson retired at mid season because he didn't meet the standards set by the previous 3 coaches we hired Tubby Smith.

We finally have a coach we want to keep and somebody else wants to steal him away.

What a weird feeling.

Was Musselman actually fired? I thought he bolted to the ABA, with Oberding in tow, for a $100,000+ raise.

Muss

ran away with Mark Olberding and the NCAA hot on his heels. No, he was not fired, but he would not have made it to the next season.

I am trying to think of the last time a Minnesota coach in any major sport left on good terms. I can't think of when. What was Bernie Bierman's situation when he stepped down?

What a weird feeling.

I agree, it is a weird feeling. What is even weirder is the reaction that some fans (Virginia.wink.wink) have to any old statement made by anybody on their board in regards to their coaching search. One guy says Tubby is coming and its like utopia over there and then they hear it might be lickliter and the whole place goes into meltdown mode. In fact, I think some of their weirdness has been spread to us, adding to our weirdness!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I am continually amazed at how demented some folks are when it comes to internet message boards!!!!

aint it great !!! I love it. Someone wants our coach ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

By the way, I love Jim Dutcher. He gave those kids a chance and they pissed it away and damaged the reputation of one heckuva guy. IMHO.

Agree on Dutcher!

I just think Tubby would not only be making a serious mistake by going for the Virginia job, even if it is more money, given how he has stated he is not going anywhere, he would be going against his own words. Now with many coaches, that is the reality of the game. But I think Tubby is both different and better.

Within 2 years, he may very well have a final four team. About his only challenge will be recruiting a quality center.

Seems to me we also had a past football coach that wanted out but nobody would hire. He thought he was better than the school, so that was kinda fun. I like this better though.

Terry Holland

Do you think Virginia would have wanted our coach if we had hired Terry Holland?;)

Do you think Virginia would have wanted our coach if we had hired Terry Holland?;)

To hear them tell it, we wanted him desperately, but he shot us down because he was shocked at what a frozen tundra it was. Which is why surely Tubby can't wait to bolt for Charlottesville. It was so lovely here today. 40 and raining. That's sooo much better then say 20 and sunny :rolleyes:

Well I see their resident expert blogger or whatever is more convinced than ever that Tubby is coming on Monday. His reasoning? Everybody on the street in Charlottesville says so. Funny there have been no mentions of any real media members confirming it. Blatant homerism anyone??

Also, he apparently thinks that everybody in Minnesota has been duped (because we're not taking the threat seriously no less :rolleyes:) and that Virginia is trying to sweep him up like some kind of covert CIA operation from right under our noses ....

The insanity continues..........:rolleyes:

Top Bottom